Is Getaway Going Away?

Eggs2Go

Just curious. Where will the Getaway be? In 2019 she completes her winter Western Caribbean runs from Miami on April 21. There is no transatlantic scheduled, but then she reappears on June 7 in Copenhagen to begin summer Baltic cruises. That's a month and a half and includes all of May with nothing shown and no repositioning cruise. Really too long for a dry dock. What's happening?

Just curious. Where will the Getaway be? In 2019 she completes her winter Western Caribbean runs from Miami on April 21. There is no transatlantic scheduled, but then she reappears on June 7 in Copenhagen to begin summer Baltic cruises. That's a month and a half and includes all of May with nothing shown and no repositioning cruise. Really too long for a dry dock. What's happening?

They usually do drydock in the Bahama's....so she could be scheduled for an extensive drydock....like 4 weeks especially if they are making some changes. Then the ship needs to travel across the N Atlantic....so the timeframe isn't really that long

They usually do drydock in the Bahama's....so she could be scheduled for an extensive drydock....like 4 weeks especially if they are making some changes. Then the ship needs to travel across the N Atlantic....so the timeframe isn't really that long

not always. the breakaway is moving to Europe later this summer for drydock. the getaway might do the same considering the ship will be about 5 years old and the ship goes into drydock every 5 years or so

But the Breakaway has a nice transatlantic going from NYC to Southampton, this spring April 15 to 27. Then starts Baltics cruises on May 11, so I presume those unscheduled two weeks are for a dry dock (which after this winter Breakaway surely needs). Note: I recall that the Getaway had a similar dry dock last year.

Interesting conjecture that maybe starting in 2019, NCL will make major changes to the two ships, resulting in the longer dry dock time in the Bahamas and then sailing empty to Europe. Well, it's fun to imagine.

But the Breakaway has a nice transatlantic going from NYC to Southampton, this spring April 15 to 27. Then starts Baltics cruises on May 11, so I presume those unscheduled two weeks are for a dry dock (which after this winter Breakaway surely needs). Note: I recall that the Getaway had a similar dry dock last year.

Interesting conjecture that maybe starting in 2019, NCL will make major changes to the two ships, resulting in the longer dry dock time in the Bahamas and then sailing empty to Europe. Well, it's fun to imagine.

The Getaway is currently a little over 4 years old (first sailing January 2014). She probably will have a dry dock update sometime in 2019. I have not seen anything yet about a scheduled dry dock for Her as of now.

No transatlantic listed for the Getaway in spring 2019, only a year away. I'm booked on the fall 2019 T.A. from Copenhagen to New Orleans. Am guessing that I may be on a "brand new" ship as Getaway has that earlier long absence from cruising.