Papeete transfers

Andee

About $30.00. We paid $25.00 to the Intercontinental. They will give you a set rate in Dollars or Euros. It's very comfortable. The issue is whether you can board when you arrive but I assume that you are aware of the issue of early arrival times.

Taxi ranks are found outside the airport. ATMs in the airport. To the port (and vice versa) approx $30 plus $1 a bag. If you arrive early in the am, leave your bags at the dock and head to the market place to browse and perhaps have a crepe or a casse croute. Easy walk.

The problem is how to fill up the time when you disembark. Most flights don't leave til later in the evening. Day rooms at the Interconti are expensive but their pool area is nice and they are close to the airport. Email them directly for best price. Taxis are just outside the port. No problem.

I am firmly with Viatape. What we do is if the ship docks the night before, we get off then and take the night flight with no waiting.

Also, on some days Air France has a morning flight.

Taking up the day is tedious.

We are arriving in Papeete on Nov. 19 at 5:30am. We have found an island tour for 125 euros each (if there are 6 of us) Pick up at the airport, with luggage at 7:00 am and drop off at Regatta at 1:00 pm. Sounds a lot better to us than paying for ship transfer and then waiting at the terminal or a hotel for boarding time. We need 2 more couples to make this affordable. More info if you are interested

We are arriving in Papeete on Nov. 19 at 5:30am. We have found an island tour for 125 euros each (if there are 6 of us) Pick up at the airport, with luggage at 7:00 am and drop off at Regatta at 1:00 pm. Sounds a lot better to us than paying for ship transfer and then waiting at the terminal or a hotel for boarding time. We need 2 more couples to make this affordable. More info if you are interested

Just so you know, there is no terminal in Papeete, just a tent where you drop off luggage.

Sounds like a good plan, I don't know if that is the earliest they will pick you up, but 1.5 hour is more than enough time for all you need to do at the airport. I doubt there is anything open there that time of morning for breakfast or anything.

Taxi ranks are found outside the airport. ATMs in the airport. To the port (and vice versa) approx $30 plus $1 a bag. If you arrive early in the am, leave your bags at the dock and head to the market place to browse and perhaps have a crepe or a casse croute. Easy walk.

The problem is how to fill up the time when you disembark. Most flights don't leave til later in the evening. Day rooms at the Interconti are expensive but their pool area is nice and they are close to the airport. Email them directly for best price. Taxis are just outside the port. No problem.

I arranged a day room at the IC. Had to email the hotel directly and get confirmation for a day room package. You have to book the room 10 days before arrival. The concierge on Serina made the call to the hotel while we were at sea.Oceania will take your luggage and store it at the airport so we only took 1 carryon to the hotel. Oceania has a day room package which we did not know about. If we did we would have taken it.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Forums mobile app

I arranged a day room at the IC. Had to email the hotel directly and get confirmation for a day room package. You have to book the room 10 days before arrival. The concierge on Serina made the call to the hotel while we were at sea.Oceania will take your luggage and store it at the airport so we only took 1 carryon to the hotel. Oceania has a day room package which we did not know about. If we did we would have taken it.

You are much better off arranging your own day room. We almost never depend on a cruise line for transfers, lodging or day rooms.

I’m not sure what Oceania’s day room arrangement is but in the past they offered transfers to a hotel or a convention center waiting area. The waiting area was for the entire group, not individual rooms. There were lots of complaints about inadequate facilities.

We did the circle Island on disembarkation day. Good plan. You should be fine.

The Oceania provided hospitality center is a bit rugged. We almost booked another south Pacific cruise, but the memory of Papeete was a deterrent! Next time, day room.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

You are much better off arranging your own day room. We almost never depend on a cruise line for transfers, lodging or day rooms.

I’m not sure what Oceania’s day room arrangement is but in the past they offered transfers to a hotel or a convention center waiting area. The waiting area was for the entire group, not individual rooms. There were lots of complaints about inadequate facilities.

On our cruise they offered both.Spoke to a group who took the hospitality hotel lobby it was really awful they could not use the hotel facilities. The day room option was at a resort similar to the IC must have been pricey. As far as Oceania transfers we almost always use them and are terrific as are there ship tours.