Just off the Ruby

Sonicsmash214

I was on the cruise. What bothered me was the club class wait staff standing around doing nothing while the general dining staff was clearly understaffed with less experienced people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well they have to be ready to go on a moments notice, don't they? :rolleyes: How else can Princess sell the new improved dining option?

An interesting aside: We were on the Ruby in November and one night the HW prepared the Caesar salad tableside. I wonder if he was "practicing"? It wasn't that long ago that tableside preparation was common on Princess in the MDR. My feelings about Princess are shifting. We have been elite since they debuted the new levels, so we've been around a while. The first thing we've done is decided to go back to Traditional. Second, is seriously thinking about moving to Oceania.

An interesting aside: We were on the Ruby in November and one night the HW prepared the Caesar salad tableside. I wonder if he was "practicing"? It wasn't that long ago that tableside preparation was common on Princess in the MDR. My feelings about Princess are shifting. We have been elite since they debuted the new levels, so we've been around a while. The first thing we've done is decided to go back to Traditional. Second, is seriously thinking about moving to Oceania.

I looked at Oceania myself. I recall some "class" issues. For instance, while the specialty restaurants are free, suites get unlimited booking while, I believe, others get one booking, then more only if not booked by the suites. I also think those reservations open up for the suites earlier (120 days) vs. others (90 days). There may be more but what turned me off the most was not being assured a table for two. OK in the DR, probably sharing in the specialties. Also, the price for drinks are very high.

I was on the cruise. What bothered me was the club class wait staff standing around doing nothing while the general dining staff was clearly understaffed with less experienced people.

But, club class promises that you will be immediately

seated and served.

You have to have tables and waiters at the ready ... to implement this.

This is nice for those in club class.

Less nice for those not.

Edited by pablo222