What to do what to do

brtls5

I have 2 aft balconies booked on Valor, 8457 & 8459. We have had a balcony room before but never an aft balcony, which sounds amazing. I just received an email offer this morning to upgrade to ocean suite. I'm torn.. what to do what to do? It is on the Empress deck. I think we will also lose our side by side rooms, I'm not sure how important that is to us because my youngest child will be almost 19 on this cruise and my oldest will be 25. Just a nice to be together. I don't know what an ocean suite is like. Is it good spot? Or did we do better with the aft balconies?

upgrade or upsell costing money?

Id keep the side by side aft balconies probably, extended? maybe they got someone else asking for them, if so then let them make you a free offer.

upsells are just to get you to pay extra without decreasing prices and having people put in for price decreases.

RCL suites have perks, no perks with a suite on carnival, just sometimes a bigger room or bigger bathroom. compare the size of the balconies?

upgrade or upsell costing money?

Id keep the side by side aft balconies probably, extended? maybe they got someone else asking for them, if so then let them make you a free offer.

upsells are just to get you to pay extra without decreasing prices and having people put in for price decreases.

RCL suites have perks, no perks with a suite on carnival, just sometimes a bigger room or bigger bathroom. compare the size of the balconies?

Carnival does have suite perks, basically all the FTTF perks.

I think I'll keep my aft balcony. Yes, extended balconies and yes the upgrade was over $500. If they really want us to move, maybe the offers will get better. I am thrilled with our current location. Thanks for all the advice.

We have an ocean suite booked on the Vista this September and we’ve done a lot of research on this type of cabin. Many cruisers will say there are no suite perks which used to be true. But Carnival recently changed that. When we booked we were told that we would get priority embarkation, priority debarkation, priority tendering, one free bag of laundry cleaned, and two extra large bottles of purified spring water waiting for us in the room. No it’s not as nice as the perks on the other lines, but the price is very good for a suite. The Ocean Suite has a much larger bathroom with double sinks and a full sized bathtub with whirlpool jets. There’s a large walk-in closet with a vanity area. The cabin is larger with a large sofa, arm chair and table. And the balcony is bigger. But if I were booked in side by side aft balconies I think I would just keep them. You could open up the partition between the cabins and have a very large balcony to share. Plus there are two bathrooms instead of having to share one in the suite.

I have 2 aft balconies booked on Valor, 8457 & 8459. We have had a balcony room before but never an aft balcony, which sounds amazing. I just received an email offer this morning to upgrade to ocean suite. I'm torn.. what to do what to do? It is on the Empress deck. I think we will also lose our side by side rooms, I'm not sure how important that is to us because my youngest child will be almost 19 on this cruise and my oldest will be 25. Just a nice to be together. I don't know what an ocean suite is like. Is it good spot? Or did we do better with the aft balconies?

Would depend upon how much more they want for the upsell and how far away from original cabin.

Carnival has the WORST "suite perks".....but if it's free to you, then I'd take it, simply for the space! An aft balcony isn't all that...unless you're hosting guests out there! You can do everything on any balcony that you'd do on an aft balcony!

We are Packers and Chiefs fans!!!

Same in our household. I'm a Chiefs fan, DH is Packers. Since we live in Georgia right now we also root for the Falcons, as long as they aren't playing the Chiefs or the Packers.