Embarkation/tendering

jackdeb

The major difference is that going to shore on the tenders is organized through tickets which are handed out at the lounge. Those going on O excursions have priority and others fitted in as space permits.

For docked ports an announcement is made when all are cleared to go ashore. Yes, sometimes there is a line.

The major difference is that going to shore on the tenders is organized through tickets which are handed out at the lounge. Those going on O excursions have priority and others fitted in as space permits.

For docked ports an announcement is made when all are cleared to go ashore. Yes, sometimes there is a line.

some how I do not think the OP was asking about a port stop

Are there different procedures for embarking from tender port (Monte Carlo) instead of from the terminal?Longer lines ? Need to arrive earlier?

It is possible they dock for cruises embarking there

It would be a nightmare to transport passengers & luggage via tender

I am just guessing of course

You can check the cruise schedule to see if your ship will dock or tender

http://www.ports-monaco.com/en/cruises.html

RADE= tender

DIQUE = docked

I am sorry I wasn't clear, I meant the port starting the cruise. I have been through Monte Carlo but always docked. I know it is a small port with space for only one ship docked at a time. Any info on tendering to start the cruise?

We boarded Riviera on May 10th in Monte Carlo and were told that we would have to tender to board. But when we got to the port we were delighted to discover that the ship was docked.

I am sorry I wasn't clear, I meant the port starting the cruise. I have been through Monte Carlo but always docked. I know it is a small port with space for only one ship docked at a time. Any info on tendering to start the cruise?

Have to checked the link I posted above to see what the port authority has listed for your sailing?

The modern cruise ship pier (Nouvelle Digue de Monaco) is located next to the yacht harbor in the Port of Monaco (Hercules Port), just east of the Palais Princier, the home of Prince Albert, and just below the sector of Monte Carlo.

The 352 meter dock can accommodate four or five ships, depending on their size.

150_principaute_de_monaco_samedi_15_septembre_2012.jpg

Taxation issues require that a passenger ship primarily be provisioned at the Embarkation port, so it would be very rare for a cruise ship to embark via tender.

...so it would be very rare for a cruise ship to embark via tender.

In 43 cruises this has only happened to us once, on Prinsendam when we boarded via tender from Greenwich, UK which was the embarkation port.

For understandable reasons, it was also the slowest boarding process we have experienced. Imagine everyone bringing carry-on luggage with them on a ship's tender...:eek:

We are on Riviera in August, ending in Monte Carlo after an overnight there. It looks like the first day we are tendering, but then on disembarkation day we are shown as docked. Presumably the ship moves overnight to the dock once that day’s ship has departed. So disembarkation and that day’s embarkation we will be docked for.

Sent from my iPad using Forums