Miami hotels with shuttle to port

Jme4166

No Ft Lauderdale hotel will do it for free...it is a 45 minute drive! Some have packages that include shuttles. Embassy Suites on 17th does.

Do a quick search for Miami hotels- this gets discussed here frequently. Don't think any do, but taxis/Uber are plentiful and relatively inexpensive.

We are flying in late the night before our cruise and was wondering if any Fort Lauderdale or Miami hotels provide free shuttles to the Miami Port? Thank u in advance

We are staying at the Hampton Inn Brickell in Miami and they do have a shuttle to the port for a small fee

If you are flying into FLL late your best bet is a hotel nearby and then an Uber or Lyft to POM the next morning - fare for the car should be about $35+

You could Uber/Lyft from FLL to downtown Miami and then you'll only be a $10 Uber or $13+ cab to POM in the morning.

If you are flying into MIA there are some popular hotels that offer both airport and port shuttles - check out the Embassy Suites MIA and a budget option the La Quinta East. Both are fine if all you want is a room, breakfast and a ride to the port.

Have a great cruise! :D

We are staying at the Hampton Inn Brickell in Miami and they do have a shuttle to the port for a small fee

The fee is expensive though compared to the $7.00 uber/lyft ride.

As for the best thing. What airport are you flying into? Either one I would say get a hotel that has an airport shuttle, and then from there take an Uber/Lyft to the port.

The fee is expensive though compared to the $7.00 uber/lyft ride.

As for the best thing. What airport are you flying into? Either one I would say get a hotel that has an airport shuttle, and then from there take an Uber/Lyft to the port.

I think the shuttle is about $8pp and if we decide to do that we are okay with it.

We are flying into Miami and chose the Hampton due to its location in the Brickell area and it’s great ratings on Trip Advisor.

We may use Uber to the port.....or we may not...:D

Hi Dianne,

Do you know the price for the Hampton Inn Brickell shuttle?

I “think “ it is $8pp but we love the reviews and the recommendations from the locals here on the board regarding the Hampton that we are okay whatever transportation to the port we choose.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

$8 per person compared to under $10 for UberX or standard Lyft (the car will easily hold 2-3 plus bags) or about $13-15 for a taxi would make it an easy decision for me, but it is your call. ;)

I “think “ it is $8pp but we love the reviews and the recommendations from the locals here on the board regarding the Hampton that we are okay whatever transportation to the port we choose.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

Yes, the Hampton Inn Brickell is a great location and good hotel.

But the shuttle is a ripoff unless it is some huge group where is it worth the extra cost. An Uber would be $8.00 for 2-4 people and bags. Or you can get a large van taxi for $15.00 and fit 4-6 people and bags.

Yes, the Hampton Inn Brickell is a great location and good hotel.

But the shuttle is a ripoff unless it is some huge group where is it worth the extra cost. An Uber would be $8.00 for 2-4 people and bags. Or you can get a large van taxi for $15.00 and fit 4-6 people and bags.

After thinking about it I do think you and JohninDC are both right.

This Miami Trip is huge for me because it will be only the 3rd time I have ever flown in my life.....never used Uber before...so I am still trying not to figure things out...:D.

I am not a spring chicken so not as tech savvy as most. But we are excited and with the good help we get here I know I will get it all figured out.

Happy sailing everyone!!

The Miami Days Inn Airport North had a free shuttle to the port when I stayed there in January. (Hotel is *very* basic, no free breakfast, but the port shuttle was handy.) Note this is the Days Inn *North* - there are two at the airport. I believe we had to put our names on a list when we checked in. (The shuttle that picked us up at the airport was very slow service, but the port shuttle was pretty good, considering the number of guests they were managing - no complaints about the port shuttle.)

This October I have reservations at the La Quinta Inn &Suites Miami Airport East - also has a free port shuttle; definitely looks nicer than the Days Inn North.

Uber is super easy-you should be able to use it. We are flying into Fort Lauderdale two nights before our cruise and are taking uber to Miami when we land. Staying at the Holiday Inn port of Miami for $118 a night. No shuttle but others have said its about $10 uber ride to port. That is for the whole car, not per person. Taxi to the port of Miami from Fort Lauderdale will be about double the uber ride.

Sent from my iPad using Forums