Please can you help?

Yartree

I am going to be travelling on the QM2 this November with my daughter and she is disabled. If anyone reading this is currently onboard or soon to be, I am wondering if they would be kind enough to take a couple of photographs of the disabled toilet on deck 7 please, then either PM them to me or post them on this thread. I need to know the layout of the toilet, sink etc. I would be so grateful if anybody can help, thank you very much.

Have you had a look in the stickies at the top of the page ?

There are lots of photographs taken by Cruise Critic and our members. I can't remember whether anyone has taken photos of the toilets but it's worth a look while you wait to see if anyone can help.

When are you travelling ?

We have some board regulars sailing soon.

I would think the OP wants to know if the layout is going to be suitable for her & her daughter's needs. It doesn't seem a particularly outlandish request.

There are some photographs of one set of toilets in the Cruise Critic photographs taken following the refit.

Thank you alc13 for your help, yes it is deck 7 that we want as that is where we will be spending most of the daytime

Thank you Hattie, yes there is a good reason that we need to know the layout of the toilet, My daughter is very disabled and needs to know how much room is around the toilet and the position of the sink etc. Sorry if some people think that this is a strange request, but to us this is rather important. :)

We would appreciate it if anyone would take a photo of a disabled toilet / restroom, showing the toilet and the sink in the same room please

As a retired health care provider, I can see the reason for the request, RE: bathrooms..... altho I'd have thought that info could have come from CUNARD itself. Other families must ask the same thing, for their disabled family members. I'd also think the dimensions for disabled bathrooms would be somewhat standard.

A N D I totally agree with MCCRetired #8 and Pennbank # 10 that the taking of

pictures in public bathrooms is V E R Y O D D........and I hope this practice isn't "normal'.

I suggest you call Cunard directly and ask them. They should be able to provide you with the information you need. It might take them a little while to get it to you.

The ladies room on Deck 7 aft between the Queens Grill and the Princess Grill has a very large handicapped stall with all of the necessary lift equipment and lots of room for navigation inside the stall. The restroom floor plan is very roomy outside of the stalls, too. The sink is not in the stall, but it is chair friendly. A motorized chair or scooter should have no problems in either space. There was plenty of room to accommodate a second person in either space, too. Plus, it's not frequently used so there will be lots of privacy and no one to rush you.

I remembered these details because I had to run for it one day when the sea state got to me. I spent a bit of time in there and had time to take note of my surroundings.

Enjoy your trip. I don't think you will have any problems.