Shaving your legs in the shower onboard

Bumblebee

Every female knows shaving your legs is not fun in a cruise ship shower :eek: - although I'd rather be doing it there than at home right now. I just received a catalog from solutionscatalog.com and they sell something called "The Shaving Thing" ($24.95) which attaches by suction cup to the wall and acts as a foot rest. Has anyone ever tried one? It must be placed on a flat surface of at least 5". I can't remember what the surface area is like inside the RCCL Voyager class showers - the small rounded ones. If anyone has tried one what did you think?

That is exactly why I always book a room with a tub! The tub/shower is the only place that I ever pay attention to the movement of the ship! (I guess because the space is so small) I'd hate to be bumping around with a razor in my hand!!

Every female knows shaving your legs is not fun in a cruise ship shower :eek: - although I'd rather be doing it there than at home right now. I just received a catalog from solutionscatalog.com and they sell something called "The Shaving Thing" ($24.95) which attaches by suction cup to the wall and acts as a foot rest. Has anyone ever tried one? It must be placed on a flat surface of at least 5". I can't remember what the surface area is like inside the RCCL Voyager class showers - the small rounded ones. If anyone has tried one what did you think?

Legs aren't the only delicate part that gets shaved in the shower, where a little boat rocking could be dangerous;)

If you don't have sensitive skin on your legs, cream depilatories are great for cruising. It lasts 3-4 days. Don't recommend on underarms, though - get them waxed at your salon. I use a depilatory on my knees year-round because I can't seem to shave them without knicking my bony knees.

If I am not mistaken, QVC sells those shower foot rests too, maybe cheaper, who knows.

Check out their website--well,,let me search real quick and see if I can find it for you...Crap,,cant find it,,maybe a different home shopping channel. I could have sworn where ever I did see it, it was less than $25.

Ill keep an eye out :)

The spa shower is a great idea! I've been worried about this exact thing since we booked a D2 instead of JS like we had last time. Since we can't afford the JS this time I was thinking I'd just have to be hairy because I couldn't see how you could shave your legs in the round shower. I have a tiny shower at home that I just throw my leg up on the wall and lien my back on the other wall but of course it's square in shape, with the shower being round I figured I slide right out into the floor:eek:

I just finished my last treatment of laser hair removal for my legs and underarms...and so Whew! Now I don't have to worry about shaving in those small cruise showers again...yiipppeee! What you find might be a good idea for you to take along though. :)

We often use the spa showers. No crowds in the late afternoon or early evening when I usually head up for a nice relaxing aromatherapy scented steam and then a LONG shower. Showers are considerably larger than those in your cabin. I'm often the only person in the shower/steam area, so if needed, I can use one of the handicapped showers - which have a seat - to shave my legs.

Hair dryers up there too, so I get all ready for dinner (except for my clothes :) ) up in the spa area. I arrive back in our cabin, relaxed and ready to enjoy a nice drink on our balcony before dinner.

Ive decided to have mine waxed before i go... lasts a few weeks and comes in less and less and softer.... Just hurts alot around the ankle but now i wont have to worry about it on the cruise.

teamed with washing hair makes for a cozy seat on the floor of the shower, back up against the wall, leg up on the other wall & my Shick Intuition with no nicks is a blessing on a cruise. Then shampoo, body puff shower gel all over me, shave armpits too & rinse.

I just open the shower curtain and put my foot on the toilet seat and shave. After all there is a drain on the bathroom floor.:rolleyes:

I usually just sit on the toilet and use my Schick Intuition. Then I hop back in the shower to rinse off.

I've decided to just get lasered. It's like $75-100 for 15 minutes...they can do a lot in fifteen minutes. I'm thinking that I can do practically my entire body before June 4th! Have to decide, I guess, where I want to keep hair versus where I want it taken off. Ahhhh, to never shave again for a lifetime...will be worth every penny!

Tracy

Archived