Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

A translated article about a fire drill carried out on the Bliss...

4f0f91910aea7bb980aaed05e599f096.jpg

Papenburg. At the Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg, a fire drill was carried out on the cruise liner "Norwegian Bliss" under construction.

According to a company announcement, the volunteer fire departments Papenburg-bottom and top, the technical operations management of the district of Emsland as well as the plant fire brigade and the paramedics of the Meyer shipyard were involved. Altogether around 100 firefighters were on duty on Tuesday night, according to the press release.

In the simulated scenario, deck eleven of the cruise ship, built for the US shipping company Norwegian Cruise Line, turned into a fire with heavy smoke in a cabin. The adjacent cabins were searched by the fire department for missing persons. For this purpose, the cabins had to be opened, searched with the thermal imager and then marked after the inspection.

The tagging after a cabin search is very important to the shipyard to inform subsequent forces, so as not to lose valuable time in the rescue.

In the course of the mission, there was a lot of heat radiation and smoldering on deck ten and eleven, so that employees in the areas were not able to leave this area safely. These workers were rescued from the danger zone by emergency responders using escape hoods.

Werft CEO Thomas Weigend, Martin Eggengoor, the head of corporate security, and Erik Feimann, head of the plant fire brigade, drew a positive balance of the exercise: "The focus was the search of trapped people in the danger area. Likewise, the firefighting, the evacuation of the ship, the care of the injured and the communication via the digital operating radio network were trained. The interaction between the participating forces has worked well this time, as in the past exercises, "says Eggengoor.

Most recently there were fires in September and October 2016 on the Norwegian Joy, which was under construction at the time. First, a distribution fire had caused damage, in October another fire was caused on the new ship by welding. Nobody was injured in both incidents. The ship could be delivered on time.

https://www.noz.de/lokales/papenburg/artikel/979266/meyer-werft-probt-ernstfall-mit-brandschutzuebung#gallery&0&0&979266

I have just booked an Alaskan cruise on the Bliss. Looking at the deck plans I see 2 observations decks. Does anyone know if they are both for Haven passengers only or if one is for other passengers? Many thanks.

Deck 16 is the Garden Cafe and Deck 15 is the public observation lounge...

9af289b6b213480f6d929fb15095561e.jpg

bbdf910d5290ebb602748400fd2593a7.jpg

So the two decks above the bridge are public...

e6cff3ea21621a756b67068102fd55d3.jpg

If like the Joy, the Garden Cafe will have windows out into the lounge area, offering a sweeping view as well...

0a874b8f05432a043d554b9369a51402.jpg

I believe the Joy's lounge area, pictured here, is restricted to "concierge class".

Hmmm... can we tell if Bliss will be similar (lofted Garden Cafe)? I think there's some good evidence...

41c09d7caef3688678739219b164d23c.jpg

Edited by TheDougOut

I have just booked an Alaskan cruise on the Bliss. Looking at the deck plans I see 2 observations decks. Does anyone know if they are both for Haven passengers only or if one is for other passengers? Many thanks.

I was just in Alaska in May and wish Bliss was sailing. She will be perfect for the scenery

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If like the Joy, the Garden Cafe will have windows out into the lounge area, offering a sweeping view as well...

0a874b8f05432a043d554b9369a51402.jpg

I believe the Joy's lounge area, pictured here, is restricted to "concierge class".

Hmmm... can we tell if Bliss will be similar (lofted Garden Cafe)? I think there's some good evidence...

41c09d7caef3688678739219b164d23c.jpg

Think so! The deckplans also shows a cut off line on deck 16 FWD.

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/nclh-s-felix-chan-eyes-opportunities-for-continued-growth-in-asia.html

The VP Sales Asia mentioning Bliss:

"‘Norwegian Bliss has received very good response in the US and in our international markets, including Asia. Our offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, Mumbai and Tokyo have worked very closely with travel agencies to feature travel packages covering Norwegian Bliss which debuts in Alaska in 2018,’ he noted.

Sales for group bookings have already closed, he revealed: ‘That's quite abnormal’, referring to the trend in Asia is to book closer to sailings.

‘But Bliss has caught so much attention in the region that some agencies in Asia already started selling 2018 summer sailings this summer.’"

The article is about how well Asian sales are going: Don't tell this man there is a 4th Breakaway Plus ship on order..

I am hosting a very large group on the Bliss (100 cabins) for the Mexican Riviera Halloween 2018 cruise and I have scoured the deck plans so many times I cant count! The one question I have been asked is...." Is there a designated kareoke room on the Bliss?" I cant find for the life of me where kareoke will be held so I defer to the experts!! Any clue? TIA

I am hosting a very large group on the Bliss (100 cabins) for the Mexican Riviera Halloween 2018 cruise and I have scoured the deck plans so many times I cant count! The one question I have been asked is...." Is there a designated kareoke room on the Bliss?" I cant find for the life of me where kareoke will be held so I defer to the experts!! Any clue? TIA

I assume possible venues could be the Cavern Club (likely?), Social, District Brew House (please no), Q (there is a stage... so who knows), or even Sugarcane (one photo shows a small stage with microphone nearby). Am I missing any?

The 11/3 post?

I google translated the german text that went with the picture

The current view into our construction dock shows the Norwegian Bliss. Construction is already well advanced and work is currently focused on expanding living and entertainment areas. These include, for example, the two-story e-kart racetrack, the Laser Day open-air arena, six infinity whirlpools along the railing, a fast free-fall slide, luxurious suites, comfortable cabins and and and ... who does not want to Go board?

Looks like the point in Victoria is investing $7 M installing an additional dolphin to permit the Bliss to dock there.

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/harbour-authority-undertaking-7m-project-to-moor-larger-ships-1.23097304

Good to see the ports on the Alaska route getting ready for bigger ships.

Vancouver can't handle the bigger ships due to the ships having to travel under the lions gate bridge when using the Canada place terminal. They are working on plan to build a new cruise ship terminal in the sub-burbs of Richmond or Delta.

I assume possible venues could be the Cavern Club (likely?), Social, District Brew House (please no), Q (there is a stage... so who knows), or even Sugarcane (one photo shows a small stage with microphone nearby). Am I missing any?

My monies on the Cavern Club as it occupies the same real estate as the 5 o’clock somewhere bar on Escape where karaoke was held.

My monies on the Cavern Club as it occupies the same real estate as the 5 o’clock somewhere bar on Escape where karaoke was held.

I agree. The Cavern Club seems to only credible location for karaoke on the Bliss, but hopefully it will only be a daytime or early evening thing. The Cavern Club on the Epic had a rock/covers band and they packed the place out to standing room every night. It was the liveliest place on the ship by a country mile.

In our experience the 5 o’clock somewhere bar on the Escape and Fat Cats on the Getaway are almost always deserted, even more so when karaoke is going on.

The Jade had a interesting solution, they used the Bliss lounge which was an open transiting lounge so stumbling by someone massacring a classic song became a frequent source of amusement... It was a bit like the opening audition phase of X Factor or America’s Got Talent where for every 1 who can sing you heard 10 who can’t... (I can’t sing by the way but never feel tempted to force others to endure it)...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Been lurking for a few weeks and have finished reading it all. Such great posts and photos. I am not booked until March of 2019, but really enjoy getting all the poop on the Bliss. We are in the aft on deck 9, so I love that I can watch that section come together. Thank you all those who are "in the know" and those who asked the same questions I would have. Back to lurking....:cool: