Favorite Bartender/bar on Freedom of the seas?

When we were on Freedom in April 2010 we went all the time to Schooner Bar. I can't remember the bartender's name but I know he got off in Jamaica the day we were there to visit with his family. I would just call him Mike because I could never remember his name. He would always laugh at me. Really a nice guy and good bartender, he knew what we drank when you would sit down. That's important

We didn't get the names, but the bartenders at the Schooner Bar and at the Solarium bar were great this past week (and generous with the liquor!) They are usually too busy to chat too much, but are very friendly and offer great service.

My husband said Astin and Johnny in the Crypt. They must have been good because he never came back to the room until 3am every night! :p

Sound's like Mike at Schooners and Astin and Johnny at The Crypt will hearing from me. Probably some others as well.

• 6 months later...
Getting closer....

Having cruise withdrawal

Aston or Astin (I am figuring he is one and the same) was one of our bartenders in the Concierge Lounge the last time we were on board Freedom...amazing! I am the super long haired woman with the flashing pins...he will remember. :) And one of the best bartenders we have EVER had is Emelda...She is a facebook friend of mine so I know she is on board and fairly recently returned from vacation. When we met her she was a bar server on Mariner but was soon promoted...she has a great sense of humor, too! :)

Aston or Astin (I am figuring he is one and the same) was one of our bartenders in the Concierge Lounge the last time we were on board Freedom...amazing! I am the super long haired woman with the flashing pins...he will remember. :) And one of the best bartenders we have EVER had is Emelda...She is a facebook friend of mine so I know she is on board and fairly recently returned from vacation. When we met her she was a bar server on Mariner but was soon promoted...she has a great sense of humor, too! :)

I will be sure to bring you up! Care to share where Emelda is now??

Clay

PS In case you didn't know I love good bartenders

Getting closer....

Having cruise withdrawal

I will be sure to bring you up! Care to share where Emelda is now??

Clay

PS In case you didn't know I love good bartenders

Imelda (sorry, this is the correct spelling, not "Emelda") is still on Freedom but I don't know where she will be from one week to the next. They (for the most part) rotate every two weeks. All I can say for sure is that if you encounter either her or Aston you will be happy (I love good bartenders, as well. ;) ).

Imelda still on the Freedom. We came back last week and she was working on the Sky Bar. My husband liked her sense of humor, always happy and very profesional. Good drinks that she prepared for him. Yes, one of the best. Another one is Mauricio from Boleros. Very Good. But is true, when you go back can't find them.

I hate to hear they move them so much, but I'm sure it's for a reason.

When I went on my last 4 cruises I made sure to find the previous bartenders. Jon on NCL, and Von on Celebrity.

I will look up Imelda as well, even though I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her yet. Even on Disney, I remembered the bartender and they recalled me and my family.

Clay

Title says almost all of it.

I love to sit with a cocktail and watch the people interact with one another and the bartender.

So, what's your favorite??

My favorite bar was.................any bar

My favorite bartender was..................all of them

But you have to look up the girls in the Champaign Bar.........they are a hoot

We enjoyed 'olive or twist ' - nice to sit down up there in the evening and people watch. The chairs are oversized (for some) and really comfortable to sit in, not to mention they normally have live jazz playing later (8-10pm). Maybe were weird but that was one of our favorite places on the ship!

Archived