PBI - Too Far for Fort Lauderdale Port?

js

Hi.

I'm guessing that flying into PBI won't make sense sailing from Fort Lauderdale on the Allure, is this correct.

It looks like it is an hour away. As of now, the prices are about $100+ less a person and I have to purchase six tickets. I would also have to think about how to get 6 people and luggage from PBI to our hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Has anyone ever done this? Thank you.

Thank you both very much. Ill take a look at the link tomorrow at work and never thought about the car rental. I would have to check PBi to FLl and the. Factor in Uber from FLL to hotel on los Olas Blvd. Thanks so much!

Renting two compact cars will likely cost noticeably less than one minivan or SUV that seats six. And may even use less fuel combined.

Since you are headed for the downtown area and not the airport, look for a car rental agency with a drop off location on Federal Hwy in Ft Lauderdale. Save you any airport drop fees on the inbound trip at least.

$600 round trip, right? Factoring in trying to rent cars or transportation fees, both ways, it may not be worth the savings. I personally would call a shuttle company and see about getting a shuttle from PBI to your hotel. Maybe it's not that bad... $20/pp or so. Figure both ways $250, probably worth the savings.

$600 round trip, right? Factoring in trying to rent cars or transportation fees, both ways, it may not be worth the savings. I personally would call a shuttle company and see about getting a shuttle from PBI to your hotel. Maybe it's not that bad... $20/pp or so. Figure both ways $250, probably worth the savings.

You do know it is about 60 miles from PBI to Downtown Ft Lauderdale where their hotel is? There will be no shared shuttles charging as little as you surmise. Unlikely any shared rides at all.

I inquired once about private car transfers from Port Everglades to PBI. They were in the $150-175 range. Each way. And that is for a sedan that holds three people and their luggage max. So going the "shuttle" route would eat up their entire savings.

So unless the OP wishes to drag six persons' luggage on and off Tri-rail trains, rental cars are the solution.

UberX estimate (OP would need two UberX cars) is about $60 each way; rental cars will cost about the same with gas and fees -- so $240+ in transport to save $600 plus in air fare. Savings are slightly more because OP would need some type of transport if he flew into FLL. To save $360+ compared to the hassle of a longer drive on each end is the OP's call.

You do know it is about 60 miles from PBI to Downtown Ft Lauderdale where their hotel is? There will be no shared shuttles charging as little as you surmise. Unlikely any shared rides at all.

I inquired once about private car transfers from Port Everglades to PBI. They were in the $150-175 range. Each way. And that is for a sedan that holds three people and their luggage max. So going the "shuttle" route would eat up their entire savings.

So unless the OP wishes to drag six persons' luggage on and off Tri-rail trains, rental cars are the solution.

Sorry, you are right. My numbers were off. It's not $20/pp, it's $22.50/pp.... Even SuperShuttle has PBI to FLL hotels for $135 for 6 people.... ;)

And yes, I'm well aware of where PBI is.