Does NCL "roll out" cabins?

Markanddonna

I'm trying to research for a cruise 16 months away and NCL only lets you view cabins within a specific category, not all of the open cabins.

For example, looking at IE, the only cabins they have showing are on one deck. IMHO, they are the least desirable. I called NCL and the other decks are all available. The rep said that it was probably my server. I called tech support and they said I could see all the cabins IF I was logged onto MyNCL. I tried- no luck.

So, my question is: is there a trick to this? I can see the deck plans with no problem, just not the listing of all the cabins that are available. I only can find out the answer if I call NCL.

online will always only show you 15 cabins. If you have a specific cabin you can call and they can see if it is available.

Karl is correct. You can only see up to 15 available cabins in any given category. Typically they are the "highest numbered" cabins available. So if a category has cabins available on say deck 15, 14, and 13, you will likely only see Deck 15 cabins. This also means that you often only see starboard cabins in categories with a lot of inventory. In order to find out what other cabins are available in a given category you will need to call your PCC or TA.

Thank you. All my observations point to the fact that CC members like you are correct and I need to call.

The customer service rep (Barb) who would have booked my cruise was of the opinion that my server or my lack of computer skills was the problem and sent me to IT. IT said that I could see all the open cabins on MyNCL.

I read over and over that customer service is lacking on NCL. Whatever happened to the truth or I don't know?

Thank you. All my observations point to the fact that CC members like you are correct and I need to call.

The customer service rep (Barb) who would have booked my cruise was of the opinion that my server or my lack of computer skills was the problem and sent me to IT. IT said that I could see all the open cabins on MyNCL.

I read over and over that customer service is lacking on NCL. Whatever happened to the truth or I don't know?

Probably the problem is that the NCL employees can see all of the open cabins from their systems and don't realize that consumers can only see a max of 15 in each category?

I'm trying to research for a cruise 16 months away and NCL only lets you view cabins within a specific category, not all of the open cabins.

For example, looking at IE, the only cabins they have showing are on one deck. IMHO, they are the least desirable. I called NCL and the other decks are all available. The rep said that it was probably my server. I called tech support and they said I could see all the cabins IF I was logged onto MyNCL. I tried- no luck.

So, my question is: is there a trick to this? I can see the deck plans with no problem, just not the listing of all the cabins that are available. I only can find out the answer if I call NCL.

Find a cabin that you want ( with two or three alternates) using a deck plan and then call NCL, you can do it that way quicker than you cna try to figure out why the web site won't show you more than a certain number of cabins.

I can only see one deck at a time. I have to select a different deck in a separate drop down to see if there are available cabins on that deck.

Can you screenshot where you are seeing a dropdown that lets you change decks? I can see where I can go to Deck Plans to see the plans for other decks, but it doesn't show me the available cabins on those decks.

Sharing is against the rules. Take a good look at my post and see if there's something there you can add a dot com to.

So, I "caught your drift" after posting and that site shows only the same 15 cabins in any given category that NCL's site shows. It shows them in a prettier format, but still only shows 15, just the same.

Edit: Just to be sure, I checked several categories and it only showed a max of 15 in any category and all of them were the same 15 showing on the NCL site.

What I have learned is to NEVER book online as there are likely better cabins available. When I was searching for this latest cruise, I noted many cabins in my designated category seemed to have "noise" and smell problems. Another reviewer suggested that deck seems to have stinky cabins and is to be avoided. It is an older ship, so that may be a pervasive problem.

I decide what sailing I want and look at deckplans.com and decide what cabin I want. I have my Travel Agent call NCL and see if it's available and if it is, My TA books it for me. TA does everything for me every step of the way. Except when it comes time to resserve show, dinners, and excursions. I do that myself through MYNCL.