Pride of America

philv

It is the best Hawaiian cruise. You are in port every day. You have overnight port stays. Compare that to sailing from the west coast where you spend much of your trip is at sea. The ship is older, but perfectly suited for the Hawaiian market.

Agree. The ports are everything. The ship is just for sleeping and meals. The more time you spend on shore, the more you will enjoy the trip.

It is the best Hawaiian cruise. You are in port every day. You have overnight port stays. Compare that to sailing from the west coast where you spend much of your trip is at sea. The ship is older, but perfectly suited for the Hawaiian market.

Are there good places to lounge on deck and walk?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I will be completely honest and say that when we booked this last year I was very hesitant. I love sea days and was nervous about it being so Port intensive. However, it was an amazing vacation and I cannot wait to do it again. It is the one time that I hopped off the ship and immediately wanted to book the exact same vacation again. And it doesn't hurt that Hawaii is absolute Paradise :-)

One thing I was nervous about was that the ship seemed to be a little smaller and might not have as much stuff. That was so not the case! I was very pleasantly surprised at how many lounges and places to sit there were. And if you don't want to go on shore on a particular day there is still plenty to do around the ship and plenty of places to sit and enjoy the sunshine.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

We have been to Hawaii (Maui and Kauai) several times. Each time, pretty much stayed at resort. We decided to take this cruise last year because it was the most efficient way to see all the islands and only have to fly once.

It was great to unpack once onboard and be able to see all the islands have to offer. Pre-cruise, we arrived 2 days early and did Pearl Harbor tour and Diamond Head. Great and interesting places.

We rented cars in Maui and Kauai , shuttle buses picked up at dock and upon return of car, took us back to ship . Worked great. Kona was really fun just to walk around and go to the farmers market they have close by. Old churches were interesting and bay had beautiful fish. Just look over railing and they are right up to the edge of water. Really a wonderful cruise and hope to do it again. also, be sure to go to the lei making classes on board. One with flowers and one made from ribbon. Crew wear their ribbon leis onboard .

We have been to Hawaii (Maui and Kauai) several times. Each time, pretty much stayed at resort. We decided to take this cruise last year because it was the most efficient way to see all the islands and only have to fly once.

It was great to unpack once onboard and be able to see all the islands have to offer. Pre-cruise, we arrived 2 days early and did Pearl Harbor tour and Diamond Head. Great and interesting places.

We rented cars in Maui and Kauai , shuttle buses picked up at dock and upon return of car, took us back to ship . Worked great. Kona was really fun just to walk around and go to the farmers market they have close by. Old churches were interesting and bay had beautiful fish. Just look over railing and they are right up to the edge of water. Really a wonderful cruise and hope to do it again. also, be sure to go to the lei making classes on board. One with flowers and one made from ribbon. Crew wear their ribbon leis onboard .

Sounds great. Any suggestions on best month to go for weather?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree with Billowsky thoughts. This cruise is very port intensive and the ship is really used for sleeping and meals. The entertainment was good and there are ample places to lounge on the decks. I had a suite 2 years ago as we had 4 persons traveling together, but wouldn't pay the $$$ for a suite again, we were off the ship more than we were on the ship.

The rooms are much smaller....the inside rooms are very small, BUT if you are only sleeping and showering for the room this would be fine for me. It is all about your vacation plans and if you like to tour more than being on the ship then this is great. I like to go in February or March to see the whales but Hawaii is all good almost all year around.

Thank you all for the information. This cruise is on our must do list. If anyone has some pictures of common areas and dining rooms, I'd love to see them. :D

Check YouTube. There are some good videos of POA.