Elegant nights on 5 day cruises (Fantasy)

larry_s_taco

We are going on the Fantasy in Feb. This is my first Carnival cruise, and I was wondering how dressy the dress up night is. I read the suggestions on the Carnival site, and it is any where from dress shorts to sports jacket suggested. Do you see many men in sports coats or suits on these nights?

Thanks,

Larry

I wore dress slacks, pressed shirt and a tie. I didn’t want to pack a sport jacket but it wouldn’t have been out of place.

Were there a lot of men who went with a dress shirt and tie only? Did you find a lot of men in dress shirts only? It would really make packing easier.

I always wear khakis and a polo and found that to be pretty much the norm now.

My uniform as well. We just got off the Fantasy in Dec and was saddened by the removal of Lobster on cruises less than 7 days. We are Diamond, but it was our first time on the Fantasy. I really liked the ship! She does not feel small, nor crowded.

Enjoy your first cruise!

John

Were there a lot of men who went with a dress shirt and tie only? Did you find a lot of men in dress shirts only? It would really make packing easier.

Dress Shirt and Tie with Khakis would be fine for the Carnival Fantasy. I noticed a lot of people didn't even show for the Elegant night.

We are going on the Fantasy in Feb. This is my first Carnival cruise, and I was wondering how dressy the dress up night is. I read the suggestions on the Carnival site, and it is any where from dress shorts to sports jacket suggested. Do you see many men in sports coats or suits on these nights?

Thanks,

Larry

You'll see a few, but most go no jacket, with or without tie, long pants, and a colored shirt! On the smaller ships you'll still see a few shorts, t-shirts, and even a baseball cap!:cool: