Tracy Arm Excursion - Alaska

Hazmater

I'm booked for a September cruise on the Emerald and I have read in the forums that there is a small ship excursion while in Tracy Arm that gets closer to the glaciers. However, I've never seen anything about it from Princess. I understand that they sell out quickly.

Am I able to book the excursion before I board or is it first come/first serve once on the ship at the excursion desk?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There's nothing there. It's listed at scenic cruising at Tracy Arm and no button for excursions like there is for any other port. That's why I'm confused. If it was sold out, wouldn't I still be able to waitlist?

There's nothing there. It's listed at scenic cruising at Tracy Arm and no button for excursions like there is for any other port. That's why I'm confused. If it was sold out, wouldn't I still be able to waitlist?

Maybe it's too late into the season for that excursion to be offered..... :(

Perhaps the waitlist is already well longer than what could reasonably expect to make it to the excursion, so they just removed it. More than likely though, I suspect Allen Marine is dependent on college students for a portion of their crew, and too many of them have gone back to school by that point of the season. I know it ends up being a really, really long day for the crew on that excursion, meeting at the dock at 3:30am and having the boat clean and ready for the next tour by 5:00pm or so.

I'm booked for a September cruise on the Emerald and I have read in the forums that there is a small ship excursion while in Tracy Arm that gets closer to the glaciers. However, I've never seen anything about it from Princess. I understand that they sell out quickly.

Am I able to book the excursion before I board or is it first come/first serve once on the ship at the excursion desk?

Contact Allen Marine........

http://allenmarinetours.com/

If your cruise is in late September it is possible that they have quit doing the excursion by that time. Too late in the season.

Edit. Just checked Allen Marine website and that appears to be the reason.

Edited by ar1950

We went in May 2016, and it was one of the best excursions we have been on. We went all the way to Sawyer Glacier. The crew commented several times that we really should not have been there due to all of the ice.

It is not dangerous, just time consuming to navigate through it.

Adventure Bound is the best and cheaper than ship tour

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

If you haven't already done so, you probably would find Tracy Arm excursions under Juneau. We took a private tour there one year in a small boat that had ice breakers. It was great!