Slow Roll Call ????

cindilouwho

Just a question....I am booked on the Quest for January 8, 2011. The Roll Call is the absolute slowest I have EVER been on. We have over 30 people on the Roll Call and a full Meet & Mingle.

Anyone else experiencing this phenomenon??????

We sailed on July 24th and the roll call was horribly slow. We had less that 10 for the M&M and made the final cut of 25 on the last day after a flurry of activity the last week. I am sure that this is due to the small passenger capacity and, perhaps, the passenger mix. On the larger ships, we were moving along 6 months out and had a ton of people at the M&M. Glad you met the quota since Azamara does a very nice job.

cindi, we're on October 23, very little activity, last cruise (Princess) we had about 15 pages, got to share some great private tours with CC members. Hope this one picks up. (Love your wine comment, lol) Take care Lanz

You never can tell how a 'roll-call' thread will progress. One that I am on for a November 2010 RCI cruise has thousands on messages. Another one, also with RCI for Feb. 2011, has only 18 messages, most of them mine.

Sometimes the smaller groups are the best. :)

Have a wonderful cruise, we love Azamara!:D

I am just hoping that we can generate some interest in the tours. When everyone shares, we get some really great tours.

I am finding that folks are emailing me in private but not sharing on the thread even after I have asked them too.

This is my second cruise on AZ and I just met so many wonderful people on my last cruise - I guess I am just hoping for a repeat performance!

One of the couples I met on my first AZ cruise, are coming on my sailing too!!

Nothing beats fun!!!

You never can tell how a 'roll-call' thread will progress. . . . . Sometimes the smaller groups are the best. :)

Robb,

I couldn't agree more with this. While a large CC party may sound great, it's quite difficult to connect with everyone. We've found the smaller roll calls lead to more on board connection. We've also had no trouble setting up smaller private tours with a smaller group of roll call members, and we prefer very small groups on tours.

A Pacific Princess thread from 2004 (Tahiti to FLL) with only 11 couples on it is still going strong over six years later, not with everyday postings, but checking with each other to see when we might be on the same cruises in the future, or visiting when we pass by (such as Vancouver and FLL)

FWIW, Bruce

We have 55 people registered for our Quest September 20, 2010 M & M. Lots of people have planned private tours with others.

We have 579 posts and the roll call is 29 pages (with a month still to go). If someone signs up at the last minute, they'll have lots of interesting reading to do.;)

We had a wonderful group on our roll call last fall and all kinds of PTs were organized. We had a get together at sailaway and by the time of the CC party we knew a nice group of people.

For our upcoming March 5 cruise in Asia, it is very slow going. Quite a few are signed on but little is going on. One problem is that there is little need for tours in many of the ports.

We will have a great time whatever happens, I know.

After so many wonderful Meet and Mingles it was a little disconcerting to have such an anemic thread for our July 24th Journey sailing. We struggled to make the 25 but almost 40 showed up for the M & M. Most had never been active on the boards so it was a nice surprise.

One thing we can all do, especially when sailing on Azamara, is to mention Cruice Critic when we are onboard. If just a dozen of the passengers I told about the advantages of cruise planning on CC sign up we will all see an increase in participation. There was little doubt that most of us would love to sail with Azamara again.

Cindilou - Sue and I can claim the slowest roll calls - for our two cruises next year, Sue and I are the only ones who have posted. I think we may have the Journey as our own private yacht. :p

I agree with the poster who said the smaller roll calls make it easier to get to know people. I was on a Celebrity transatlantic with a group of people we met on two previous transatlantics and the roll call was insane on all three of the trips - on that first TA, I think we broke the the maximum number of posts - we had to start a new thread because the first one could no longer accept posts. On the last one, there were over 400 posts in the first week, and our CC party had hundreds of attendees.

On our Azamara cruise, our CC party had a great group of people who had posted and shared excursions, plus a few extra passengers who saw the words "Cruise Critic" on a sign and thought it was an opportunity to complain. :D

Honestly, we have met some of our favourite people through roll calls, many of with whom we still keep in touch and see on occasion. I prefer a smaller roll call since I just don't have time to wade through three pages of postings every day - however, I'd like to see a few more on our Journey sailings for next year.

Archived