New Port Changes Announced. No St. Croix until 2018

Smmessineo

Heads up for anyone sailing the next few months. i just received a call from Celebrity that St. Croix has been removed from our sailing on the Eclipse December 10. I haven’t received any email on this. The Celebrity site says it will not call at St. croix until January 2018 so I’m sure we are not the only sailing affected by this. We were given Nassau instead, with changes to timing of sea days. Oh, well.

Heads up for anyone sailing the next few months. i just received a call from Celebrity that St. Croix has been removed from our sailing on the Eclipse December 10. I haven’t received any email on this. The Celebrity site says it will not call at St. croix until January 2018 so I’m sure we are not the only sailing affected by this. We were given Nassau instead, with changes to timing of sea days. Oh, well.

Changes are being posted on their website and updated as they assess the situation and ability to dock at certain ports. As of last week, I only saw 2017 cruises that were affected ... but this week shows some changes for their 2018 itineraries. There may be more depending on the remainder of the hurricane season. Might be good to check on this from time to time leading up to your cruise.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert

Yup. However, Celebrity’s web page does not show this latest update to itinerary when you click on individual voyages. It only shows the LAST update, from September, that added st. Croix . Only the page showing status of individual islands is up to date.I just wanted to give heads up to people who may not have been contacted.

Yup. However, Celebrity’s web page does not show this latest update to itinerary when you click on individual voyages. It only shows the LAST update, from September, that added st. Croix . Only the page showing status of individual islands is up to date.I just wanted to give heads up to people who may not have been contacted.

Ohhhhh....I see!!

Well, that stinks...I was hoping to call in the USVI this trip. But will be in a cruise so all is good!

We are on Refection Dec 8 2017 and our itinerary shows St Croix as one of our replacement stops for St Martin, haven't heard anything yet about St Croix being changed, even on the Celebrity Itinerary changes page

St. Croix and St. Kitts out and Martinique and St. Thomas are in. We are on that same cruise.

Ugh - really? We are on the Eclipse 12/10 and I have had no call or email - though they did email me 2 x when they made the change originally to DR and then to St Croixx. I am SO bummed I do not like Nassau - have been there several cruises and well just not a thing. Also our sea days are changed? Can you please post the new itinerary as it is NOT showing on C's website.

Wow - I was really looking forward to St. Croix - well maybe they will make another change before we board!!!

Sailing isn't until Jan 20th on Equinox but personally find it odd some small 3rd party sites have us going to St. Croix instead of originally scheduled stop at St. Maarten. Plenty of time before we sail but I just find it odd small 3rd party sites would take the time to make changes if the actual cruise line hasn't posted,called or emailed anything. Maybe they know an Celebrity is just being slow telling actual passengers, we shall see.

Ugh - really? We are on the Eclipse 12/10 and I have had no call or email - though they did email me 2 x when they made the change originally to DR and then to St Croixx. I am SO bummed I do not like Nassau - have been there several cruises and well just not a thing. Also our sea days are changed? Can you please post the new itinerary as it is NOT showing on C's website.

Wow - I was really looking forward to St. Croix - well maybe they will make another change before we board!!!

We have not been notified yet either and on same cruise. Let's plan a ship party! Nassau is not our thing either!

Haven't heard from Celebrity about my Equinox Xmas cruise , but my son recieved this from his TA, looks like it from Celebrity

Subject:
Celebrity Equinox Sailing

Dear Guests,

We have some important itinerary changes to tell you about for your upcoming
Eastern

Caribbean Cruise departing from Miami
. Updates from the Caribbean islands are coming in daily, and we’re doing everything we can to ensure you have the best vacation possible. We know these changes can be disruptive, but we truly believe we’ve found an opportunity to make your upcoming sailing even better.

Our teams on the ground in St. Croix haven’t been able to determine when the island will be ready

to welcome cruise guests again. So, we’re replacing St. Croix with a visit to the beautiful port of St.Thomas for your sailing.

We’re arranging a wide variety of in-depth shore excursions for you to choose from in the

St.Thomas. Once we have them finalized, we’ll send all the details you'll need to your excursions and book them before you sail.

If you already booked excursions in St. Croix, you'll automatically receive a full refund back to the

form of payment used to book your excursions.

For your convenience, we’ve included your current itinerary and your newly revised itinerary

below.

cid:ii_15f2c50f9027d30a

We continue to support the relief efforts for the islands affected by the recent hurricanes, and we’re doing all we can to help welcome cruise ships and visitors once again. We hope you're looking forward to visiting these beautiful islands in the near future as much as we are.

Best Regards,

O no! Another change to our cruise.. O well, we will make a day on the ship. Still be better than a day at the office..;)

We are on the Dec. 9th- 16th Eastern and I got a call that instead of St. Croix it will now be St. Tomas and emails will be sent by next monday. so no shore ex for St. T. yet. Probably can look at other ships that go there and see want has been offered for hints.

I’m glad at least some voyages have st. Thomas as a replacement port ! We got Nassau, which is aggravating me more and more as I read about it. I live in Florida, the beaches and water won’t be any warmer in Nassau than they are at home in December. It’s not even a Caribbean port . And there isn’t much to do. Not to mention that it changed our sea days around.

We are on the Dec. 9th- 16th Eastern and I got a call that instead of St. Croix it will now be St. Tomas and emails will be sent by next monday. so no shore ex for St. T. yet. Probably can look at other ships that go there and see want has been offered for hints.

Same cruise, also received call. Itinerary hasn't yet been updated on the travel status page for that cruise on the website, but the port status link on the website seems to have been updated. This might be useful to some of you:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert/port-status-updates

I’m glad at least some voyages have st. Thomas as a replacement port ! We got Nassau, which is aggravating me more and more as I read about it. I live in Florida, the beaches and water won’t be any warmer in Nassau than they are at home in December. It’s not even a Caribbean port . And there isn’t much to do. Not to mention that it changed our sea days around.

We are on the Refelction Dec 8th 10 day and the only change we have is going to St. Thomas again for the 4th time and Martinique which we are happy about. I do not understand why St. Thomas since it is really in bad shape . Everything else is intact which is a good thing. I agree with you on the Nassau port. We were suppose to stay in St. Maartin for 2 days on the orignial cruise schedule. Have a good time and enjoy ! Bob