Pride of America Pre-cruise Hotel

we b cruzin

We are sailing on the Pride of America on November 3rd. We booked the pre-cruise hotel stay through NCL. A couple of weeks ago we received an email saying our hotel had been switched from the Marriott to the Hilton. Is this a change NCL is making for all future cruises or is it isolated to our sailing? Has anyone else's hotel been changed?

We were also thinking of doing the Pearl Harbor excursion with hotel drop-off after the cruise. The details of the excursion still states that the only hotel it will drop at is the Marriott. Is that going to stay the same or is it going to switch to the Hilton as well?

I’ve read a few comments on here over the past few weeks about people being moved to the Hilton, so it isn’t just for your cruise.

I don’t know whether they have totally changed partners or are now using both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I booked a cruise this past Tuesday, sailing in October 2019. We chose the free pre-cruise hotel and was told it would be the Hilton as well. Doesn't seem like they would have filled the Marriott this early on so maybe the Hilton is the new hotel they are partnering with.

What's really weird is that we decided to do the post cruise Peal Harbor Excursion with Hotel drop-off through NCL. It still says they drop off at the Marriott exclusively. We have booked a room with the Marriott but I keep checking back to my online account to verify that the hotel drop-off hasn't changed. As it gets a little closer I will make a phone call to NCL just to make sure.

The Hilton Hawaiian Village is a much, much bigger property than the Marriott and right on the beach (and a much nicer hotel). It is on the edge of Waikiki, so it's about a 15 minute walk to the heart of Waikiki.

NCL had also been using the new Alohilani for a while (across from the Marriott).

I have just booked sailing Oct 20 and we were initially told it would be the Hilton Hawaiian but when the documentation came through its the Alohilani Resort. I was trying to decide if I care and I don't think I do :-)

We are sailing on the Pride of America on November 3rd. We booked the pre-cruise hotel stay through NCL. A couple of weeks ago we received an email saying our hotel had been switched from the Marriott to the Hilton. Is this a change NCL is making for all future cruises or is it isolated to our sailing? Has anyone else's hotel been changed?

We were also thinking of doing the Pearl Harbor excursion with hotel drop-off after the cruise. The details of the excursion still states that the only hotel it will drop at is the Marriott. Is that going to stay the same or is it going to switch to the Hilton as well?

I am sure they will make the adjustment and the Hilton btw if it is the Hilton Hawaain Village is fantastic. ;pBe sure to try the Asian restaurant for dinner. It is the best Chinese food we have ever had, but pricey.

• 1 month later...

I'm sailing in October and they sent my change notice back in May. Maybe they're going in order from when you booked because I booked 2 years ago! Here's an excerpt of the notice....

"Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding your stay at the Marriott Waikiki Beach Resort in Honolulu, Hawaii. All guests need to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their clients.

Beginning August 22, 2018, we will begin accommodating our guests at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort. We are working to update your reservation prior to your arrival."

Sent from my P01M using Forums mobile app

Quick Question...can you book the pre-cruise hotel for more than one night??

Also, was the cost added to your total cruise bill? Or do you pay separate

Reason I'm asking...I like the idea of NCL taking luggage direct from hotel. But we want to stay in Ohau 3 nights prior, and we want to pay with our CC points.

Reason I'm asking...I like the idea of NCL taking luggage direct from hotel. But we want to stay in Ohau 3 nights prior, and we want to pay with our CC points.

Knowing that NCL would be moving their pre cruise hotel nights to Hilton, we booked through Hilton's website for the same hotel for the two nights prior to the pre-cruise night. Booking online earned us a good amount through a cash back site. Plus the 2 nights will count toward our Hilton Honors points. We purposely booked the most standard room as we expect that to be what NCL plans to give us. In talking to both Hilton and the hotel directly, they said that they won't know what rooms NCL plans to use until shortly before our cruise and the best hope to be able to stay in the same room was to note in the comment box at the bottom of the online booking page that we had the pre-cruise free night and wanted to stay in the same room if possible. Just like any other hotel we book ourselves, our credit card was charged for those two nights.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted one extra night but neither NCL or Alohilani Resort direct could book a room for the night before. Alohilani Resort direct said their was no availabilities or minimum night stays. In the end I managed to book the extra night through American Express travel and have just put a note asking to get the same room for both nights.....fingers crossed :-)

In regards to the Pearl Harbor Excursion, I would look at the National Parks website to see how much of the USS Arizona national park is open. They have had troubles with the pier/dock on both sides of the museum. Hawaii news today website also has details. There is the museum and the USS Bowfin (WW2) submarine along with USS Missouri and a air museum. Still worth the trip except for missing the Arizona.

Have fun

If you book the 11 day trip in Hawaii with NCL you will get three nights in Waikiki in a hotel before the cruise. We did this and enjoyed three day tours around Oahu including Pearl Harbour. On the last day we left our luggage in the hotel room. We went to the Koalua Ranch for the day, lunch was provided and then we were dropped off at the ship. Our luggage was in our cabin when we boarded. We thought this was all good value, we had free entrance to the Polynesian Village, Pearl Harbour and to the Ranch. Our travel agent told us we would have to pay the Resort Fee at the Marriott but this was not the case.