Balcony sizes on Joy?

FranknBeans

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to figure that out too. I had booked cabins 10168 and 10668 on the Pearl. I'm traveling with my daughter, my mom (who's turning 80 on the cruise) and my 86 year old aunt. The cabins were right next door and they had huge balconies. Now we are in 10968 and 10368 with 2 cabins between us. This means that if we want to hang out on our balconies and watch Alaska go by, we won't be able to chat over the rails, so if we can't all fit on one balcony, we will be separate or have to go on deck. I get that the Joy is a newer, bigger ship, but I can't see my mom and aunt wanting to go in the race cars! I'm going to call NCL.

I've been trying to figure that out too. I had booked cabins 10168 and 10668 on the Pearl. I'm traveling with my daughter, my mom (who's turning 80 on the cruise) and my 86 year old aunt. The cabins were right next door and they had huge balconies. Now we are in 10968 and 10368 with 2 cabins between us. This means that if we want to hang out on our balconies and watch Alaska go by, we won't be able to chat over the rails, so if we can't all fit on one balcony, we will be separate or have to go on deck. I get that the Joy is a newer, bigger ship, but I can't see my mom and aunt wanting to go in the race cars! I'm going to call NCL.

It may have been an honest mistake. 10168/10668 are neighbors on Pearl so someone might have though the same about Joy 10368/10968. In your case, the 2 HC mini-suites are now between your 2 staterooms. If you move up or down 1 deck, your balcony will be larger and the 2 staterooms will be able to be next to each other but neither will be exactly in the middle like you had on Pearl.

I suggest deck 9 with the 2 staterooms next to the H6 such as 9376/9378 or 9976/9978

Edited by Two Wheels Only

I'm just curious if OP checked the deck plans on NCL.com or another site. Since Joy has been in Asia, very few, if any, of us have had a chance to be on board.

At that point they were not up on NCL nor V2G or CDP if it makes any difference to you.Also any of the pic's I have or have seen you cannot tell. Just Sayin!

Two Wheels Only thanks for the info

The OP is asking about aft-facing balconies which are the same for all 4.

The aft cabin numbers on the Joy differ from those on the Bliss/Encore, but they do look similar beyond that.

Joy will probably never be an identical twin to Bliss.....perhaps a fraternal twin?

The aft cabin numbers on the Joy differ from those on the Bliss/Encore, but they do look similar beyond that.

I was referring to the size/shape/configuration/location.

The numbers are different but it is easy to take (for ex.) 9376 from Joy and match it to 9320 on Escape.

I was referring to the size/shape/configuration/location.

The numbers are different but it is easy to take (for ex.) 9376 from Joy and match it to 9320 on Escape.

I was agreeing with you, just making the observation that the numbers will probably never match even though NCL says the Joy will be almost a twin to the Bliss.

You have always given us good information on these aft cabins and we do appreciate it!

I was agreeing with you, just making the observation that the numbers will probably never match even though NCL says the Joy will be almost a twin to the Bliss.

You actually did me/us a favor. The numbers not matching should have been mentioned....my bad.

I was too focused on the physical aspects. Someone might think "...I had stateroom xxxx on one ship and loved it so I'll book xxxx on the other since they are the same..."

In the end, we both helped. Thanks.

Good news! I called and got moved to deck 14 with two aft balconies with a 65 foot balcony and 57 foot balcony. I gave the larger balcony to my mom and my aunt (because I'm nice like that! :D) I like that we are now closer to the observation lounge and the garden café (?..the buffet) While we probably will eat our meals in the main or specialty dining rooms, we can run and get snacks and enjoy them on our balconies. I'm happy now! :hearteyes:

We changed our room on Saturday from an Ocean View Picture Window to a Balcony. Wanted deck 8 for the convenience to the District Brew House (:DDon't Judge )

They booked us into stateroom 8748. She starting laughing and said that the balcony is 150sf. The room is right on the Bump out.

We booked it for our Alaskan cruise in May of 2019

• 1 month later...

Am looking to book the NCL Joy soon, and had some of the same questions about aft balconies. As I can glean here, decks 10 or 11 have larger aft balconies than 9. How do 12, 13 and 14 stack up? Also logically, the cabins toward the center of the ship appear to have more balcony space due to the bend of the ship, unless the back (where the sliding doors sit) of the cabins differ cabin to cabin. Is anyone aware of any pictures of Joy aft cabins? I guess where I'm going with this question, is which of the B1 cabins are highest with largest balcony space.... Appreciate any feedback, and I understand the ship has been out of the North American market, hence less info. And the difference in the numbering of the cabins compared to other Breakaway + ships complicates things!

As I can glean here, decks 10 or 11 have larger aft balconies than 9. How do 12, 13 and 14 stack up?

No, deck 9 is the deepest aft-facing deck. The orders is 9,12,15,14,11,10,13 from deepest to least deep. There are also differences in width depending on location within each deck.

Also logically, the cabins toward the center of the ship appear to have more balcony space due to the bend of the ship, unless the back (where the sliding doors sit) of the cabins differ cabin to cabin.
The center aft-facing balcony is a wheelchair accessible stateroom. It is larger but should go to those who need HC.

I guess where I'm going with this question, is which of the B1 cabins are highest with largest balcony space....
The size and layout matches Escape even though the numbers may differ.
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Good news! I called and got moved to deck 14 with two aft balconies with a 65 foot balcony and 57 foot balcony. I gave the larger balcony to my mom and my aunt (because I'm nice like that! :D) I like that we are now closer to the observation lounge and the garden café (?..the buffet) While we probably will eat our meals in the main or specialty dining rooms, we can run and get snacks and enjoy them on our balconies. I'm happy now! :hearteyes:

HI,

Sailing NCL Joy to Alaska in September 2019, also on aft facing balcony on deck 14. Do you have any comments that would be interesting or helpful? I am starved for information on this ship!

No, deck 9 is the deepest aft-facing deck. The orders is 9,12,15,14,11,10,13 from deepest to least deep. There are also differences in width depending on location within each deck.

The center aft-facing balcony is a wheelchair accessible stateroom. It is larger but should go to those who need HC.

The size and layout matches Escape even though the numbers may differ.

Hi,

Does anyone know if the balcony partitions on the Joy, aft facing cabins 14920 and 14918 can be opened? Thanks!

• 5 months later...