Serenade/Brilliance Ocean View or Balcony w Kids

shudie

Hi Everyone, we are looking at doing the Baltic and then Copenhagen to Boston, 2 adults plus 9 and 11 year olds.

We have only sailed on Carnival with the kids and usually have an ocean suite which is the same cost as a balcony on Royal Caribbean.

For the above cruises, would you recommend ocean view or balcony? About 27 nights at sea in total.

Which cabins provide most space?

Do you have any specific cabin recommendations for a family of 4?

Thanks x

Sent from my iPad using Forums

... Which cabins provide most space? ...

A balcony stateroom is normally larger than an oceanview stateroom. Of course, the various suites are larger than regular balcony staterooms.

shudie, my husband & I did the Copenhagen TA last August on the Serenade and had a balcony. It was really nice. We had the D-1 Category which is larger then your E Category. We spent 2.5 days in Copenhagen and wish I had booked the Baltic and done the B2B. We had a wonderful trip.

shudie, my husband & I did the Copenhagen TA last August on the Serenade and had a balcony. It was really nice. We had the D-1 Category which is larger then your E Category. We spent 2.5 days in Copenhagen and wish I had booked the Baltic and done the B2B. We had a wonderful trip.

Thank you! Great advice re D1.

Did you notice if there were many kids on board? Did you travel with kids?

The extra space of the balcony would be worth it, if you have 4 in one cabin. Gives you a bit of separation!

The "spacious" balcony cabin has 204 sq. ft. The regular balcony has 174. (the balcony is NOT included in that space, but the bathroom is!) AN OV cabin has 169.

Being this was late August into September, I saw no children. There was just my husband & I. We also stayed by the Canal at the Bethel, and did the 48 hr HOHO with Canal. My email is below in my signature so you may email if you like. I have both an AOL & Yahoo address. I never did use the Copenhagen Card but it all depends on what you do

Gay

The extra space of the balcony would be worth it, if you have 4 in one cabin. Gives you a bit of separation!

The "spacious" balcony cabin has 204 sq. ft. The regular balcony has 174. (the balcony is NOT included in that space, but the bathroom is!) AN OV cabin has 169.

Thank you, yes, spacious sounds like the one!

Being this was late August into September, I saw no children. There was just my husband & I. We also stayed by the Canal at the Bethel, and did the 48 hr HOHO with Canal. My email is below in my signature so you may email if you like. I have both an AOL & Yahoo address. I never did use the Copenhagen Card but it all depends on what you do

Gay

Thanks [emoji120]Ok, interesting re numbers of kids. We were originally looking at HAL and reports of no kids but we thought that was because it was HAL. the TA doesn’t have a lot of sea days all at once so hopefully kids will be ok making the most of it!

Thanks re info, will be in touch if we book!