Enough time to get to FLL homeward flight?

chrisn710

Personally, I would never chance a flight so early. There are so many variables. So many things that could make the ship dock late: A medical emergency while still at sea, a medical emergency while docking, poor weather, mechanical issue with the ship, docking on time yet a delay in the ship being cleared, and on and on and on. Not to mention the stress of worrying the whole trip whether or not you'll make your flight home: that's not a relaxing vacation. But, if you're the gambling sort risk it, but make sure you have a contingency plan.

For a 10:00 AM flight you need to be at FLL NLT about 8:30, and 8:00 is better if you've ever experienced TSA at FLL. It is possible to line up early, carry your bags off, clear customs/immigration, and taxi to FLL in time, but you have no room for any delays.

Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused: I would choose a flight leaving closer to noon or later, but it is your call. :)

Hi, I’m arriving on HAL at 7:00am in Ft Lauderdale. Will need to clear customs. I’m looking at a 10:00am domestic departure. Do you think I’ll be ok?

Thanks!

HAL’s cruise consultants recommend no flights before 11:30 They even verify that with me during booking process. On our last cruise we were held on the ship until 8:15 before disembarking even began. Hope the info helps in your decision.