Generic Jet Ski Question

willise

We have a booking to Stingray City in Grand Cayman on a jetski tour. The operator only had a double ski left, so it will be two of us on a single ski.

I've ridden a single ski in Bermuda, and while it was bumpy on the ocean, it was a lot of fun. Is it any more difficult to ride a two person jet ski, from the passenger perspective? I want to have a lot of fun, but not at the expense of the person on the back bouncing around uncontrollably :D

Thanks!!

It's not hard at all, unless the driver is purposely trying to make the ride difficult to the passenger. It's actually nice sometimes to be the passenger instead of the driver, since you can sightsee more and not have to pay attention to where you're going. It does make it easier if the passenger knows the driver well enough that they'll hang on tightly, and won't mind touching bodies together...there's a hand strap, but holding the driver around the waist is easier, IMO.

I ride jet skis a lot and agree with previous post. Be advised, however, that the person on the back is at the mercy of the driver. Quick/aggressive maneuvers can easily throw the rear passenger because they cannot anticipate driver's moves. Best if they can just "hold on tight" at all times and hugging the driver is the best way. If the driver is not too aggressive it is less of an issue.

The two per ski is not really an issue. BUT,,, it is a very long trip out to stingray city.

It's about 15 minutes at a normal speed in good weather, if you go straight there. That's not really that long, IMO. When we're vacationing there, we'll go out a couple of times a week. It's an easy ride.

We did this excursion this past October. The most fun time we’ve had on an excursion and we are both 68. Just make sure you wear swim goggles or your snorkeling goggles. At those speeds, even if you’re on the back, that salt water is blinding. We were on separate jet skis, but there was another couple that went double. They did fine, but for the rest of the tour, after Stingray City, they wore their snorkeling goggles. Enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did this excursion this past October. The most fun time we’ve had on an excursion and we are both 68. Just make sure you wear swim goggles or your snorkeling goggles. At those speeds, even if you’re on the back, that salt water is blinding. We were on separate jet skis, but there was another couple that went double. They did fine, but for the rest of the tour, after Stingray City, they wore their snorkeling goggles. Enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are looking at doing this excursion. Was it just a trip to stingray city or was there a snorkel stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are looking at doing this excursion. Was it just a trip to stingray city or was there a snorkel stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are doing an excursion with Fat Fish Adventures and there is reef snorkelling included as part of the package.

Not sure if I can post a link here, but it's very easy to find.

• 1 month later...