Used gift card for deposit, but if I cancel?

momof4girls

I was wondering what happens if I cancel a cruise I booked using gift cards for the deposit? Does Carnival mail you another gift card with that amount on it? Or does it go back to the original gift cards?

TIA!

If you did a refundable deposit they will put it back on the original card.

Yep, back on the original card so keep the cards or emails with the numbers in a safe place until after your cruise. Carnival’s gift cards never expire.

Carnival gift cards are NOT reloadable. Carnival will mail you a gift card with the amount on it.

Carnival Gift Card

We accept the Carnival Gift Card as a form of payment (USD only) for your cruise reservation, online shore excursion purchases, spa service purchases and Fun Shop gift purchases as well as deposit toward your onboard Sail & Sign account. At this time, we are not able to accept the Carnival Gift Card to purchase gift orders by telephone order.

If you use your Carnival Gift Card and then later cancel, any refund due back will be sent in the form of a new Carnival Gift Card. It will be mailed to the address on the booking profile and take 5-10 business days. If the booking was made through a travel agency, we will need to obtain your address in order to mail out a new Carnival Gift Card.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/568/kw/refunds

Carnival gift cards are NOT reloadable. Carnival will mail you a gift card with the amount on it.

Carnival Gift Card

We accept the Carnival Gift Card as a form of payment (USD only) for your cruise reservation, online shore excursion purchases, spa service purchases and Fun Shop gift purchases as well as deposit toward your onboard Sail & Sign account. At this time, we are not able to accept the Carnival Gift Card to purchase gift orders by telephone order.

If you use your Carnival Gift Card and then later cancel, any refund due back will be sent in the form of a new Carnival Gift Card. It will be mailed to the address on the booking profile and take 5-10 business days. If the booking was made through a travel agency, we will need to obtain your address in order to mail out a new Carnival Gift Card.

Thank you! That completely answers my question. And I feel dumb as I looked and couldn't find the answer.:cool:

Carnival Gift Card

I don't know about this. When I cancelled, I was told that it would be put back on the original gift card. I didn't keep any of them, so I practically had to beg to have them send me a new card. It took several weeks and several phone calls, but they finally did. It was a hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know about this. When I cancelled, I was told that it would be put back on the original gift card. I didn't keep any of them, so I practically had to beg to have them send me a new card. It took several weeks and several phone calls, but they finally did. It was a hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's because the customer service reps aren't properly trained and only respond with the "it will be refunded to the original form of payment." Just like everything else with those reps, ask three different and you'll get three different answers. I posted what is on the Carnival website and it has been my experience that it is correct (having received refunds with new gift cards several times).

I wish i would've known about this. I booked my cruise the a PVP and we paid the deposit with a credit card. We then bought gift cards to pay the balance. I even asked my PVP questions about how to use them and she never once mentioned that if we used gift cards to pay for the balance and the cruise had to be cancelled (it was cancelled by Carnival due to Hurricane Maria) we would receive the refund in gift cards. If I had been aware of this, I would never have bought the cards to use that way...just in case. So, now i have gift cards to use and am not sure when i will be able to use them and still have the charges on my credit card from where i purchased the gift cards. So, i'm kind of SOL until we are able to take the time/money to cruise again.

I wish i would've known about this. I booked my cruise the a PVP and we paid the deposit with a credit card. We then bought gift cards to pay the balance. I even asked my PVP questions about how to use them and she never once mentioned that if we used gift cards to pay for the balance and the cruise had to be cancelled (it was cancelled by Carnival due to Hurricane Maria) we would receive the refund in gift cards. If I had been aware of this, I would never have bought the cards to use that way...just in case. So, now i have gift cards to use and am not sure when i will be able to use them and still have the charges on my credit card from where i purchased the gift cards. So, i'm kind of SOL until we are able to take the time/money to cruise again.

I'll buy them, for a 20% discount:)