No more cruising for a while.

My wife and I must be very easy to please. We still get excited preparing for the next cruise and always have a blast while on our cruises. On and off the ship.

We agree. I do miss some of the things that the OP posted too but I also see why things have changed and still have a great time cruising.

I'd be interested in some suggestions for land resorts. I've always been reluctant to try one because I might get bored. Besides food, beach and dancing I don't see much in terms of entertainment in their advertisements. The ads also look like they cater to very young couples. Seems like there's a lot more variety on a cruise but we'd be open to trying something different.

You are pretty much correct. Yes, I do get bored. We did a week at two different all-inclusive in Costa Rica several years ago, to break up the monotony. We did this after doing about 10 days, going to different areas inland. That was a great vacation. But I can’t do the just hang out at the beach/pool.

The one exception and it is definitely not all-inclusive would be Atlantis. If you like a water park with slides and stuff it is pretty amazing, and you can do if you have boat loads of cash everything from swimming with the dolphins to diving with sharks, etc. It is amazing. However be ready with boatloads of cash....

JC

My wife and I must be very easy to please. We still get excited preparing for the next cruise and always have a blast while on our cruises. On and off the ship.

Same here. And it seems that we can always find some thing that is reasonably good to eat so we don't go hungry. The cabin is kept up well and the bartenders get me what I want to drink so I guess I have enough service to keep me happy, too.