Princess - what does Gold member mean?

buckomedia

Ok looked back on past cruises and they are showing an extra cruise.

2000 Sea Princess 9 days ( Didn't do )

2002 Sea Princess Mexican Riviera 1st cruise 10 days OV

2006 17 day Panama Sun Princess Balcony

2013 Coastal Star Princess 7 days Solo Balcony

2019 15 day Hawaii Emerald ( Future ) Balcony with daughter

Isn't there a RUBY in the mix now? I think 3 to 5. And if I remember correctly Ruby gets you the discount on the Insurance?

That link doesn't work.

What happened to the Ruby level?

It's a five year old thread. Ruby level didn't exist then.

Ok looked back on past cruises and they are showing an extra cruise.

2000 Sea Princess 9 days ( Didn't do )

2002 Sea Princess Mexican Riviera 1st cruise 10 days OV

2006 17 day Panama Sun Princess Balcony

2013 Coastal Star Princess 7 days Solo Balcony

2019 15 day Hawaii Emerald ( Future ) Balcony with daughter

The solo cruise got you 2 cruise credits which is what they actually count rather than cruises. Even without the bogus Sea Princess cruise you would have 5 cruise credits which qualifies you as Platinum.

the Ruby level was originally called , wait for it, the Medallion level - and we were on maybe the first cruise it was on, since when we got out cruise card, noone had ever seen that color...Island Princess, April 2013, Panama Canal - partial 10 day.

April 15, 2013

sapphireprincessmain.jpgPrincess Cruises has added a new level, Medallion, to its Captain's Circle loyalty program, bringing the number of member tiers to four. The new tier gives passengers with a handful of Princess cruises under their belts access to more benefits more quickly.

Princess passengers reach Medallion level on their fourth cruise or their 31st cruise day, whichever comes first, putting the level solidly in between the Gold and Platinum levels. In addition to the Gold level perks, each Medallion member receives: a free upgrade to the Platinum Princess Vacation Protection program with the purchase of a standard insurance policy; a 10 percent discount on the price of a souvenir Reflections DVD; telephone access to an exclusive shoreside Captain's Circle help desk.

Thrak thank you for the explanation. I did purchase the Protection for the daughter & I on our future Emerald cruise coming up March 19, 2019 to Hawaii. which voljeep mentioned. The daughter & I are cruising to Hawaii following the passing of my DH this past Sept during our TA. We wanted a cruise for ourselves once everything settled down so felt what better way to relax, then on a cruise to Hawaii and to offer a toast to him with friends of ours.:)

According to my TA somehow they gave me credit for a cruise to Mexico in 2000 in which we didn't take, but Princess wasn't going back that far to worry about it so I certainly won't. :) First cruise to Mexico was 2002 so not sure where the other one came from. By my traveling Solo in 2013 I got 2 credits so ended up getting enough cruise points in to move me to Platinum.

Thrak thank you for the explanation. I did purchase the Protection for the daughter & I on our future Emerald cruise coming up March 19, 2019 to Hawaii. which voljeep mentioned. The daughter & I are cruising to Hawaii following the passing of my DH this past Sept during our TA. We wanted a cruise for ourselves once everything settled down so felt what better way to relax, then on a cruise to Hawaii and to offer a toast to him with friends of ours.:)
So sorry for your loss. I hope you and your daughter have enjoy your time together.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app