Cruise for 40 somethings

travelngal70

We would like to cruise the Mediterranean with our kids who are in their 40s. Can someone recommend a cruise line where the bulk of the passengers may not all be our age (way past 40!). We would like to show them the highlights of the Mediterranean, but I am reluctant to take them where passengers are mostly seniors.

Sorry to repeat the old mantra. but the Med is all about the itinerary/ports, and not the line or ship. If you have a 12 day cruise with only one sea day, you are off every day, not much time on the ship except to shower and eat, have a drink before bed. So pay more attention to the ports, and especially the times in port. EM

If you cruise the Med during the summer, you can pretty safely pick from any of the mass market lines. Families and the younger demographics with more limited vacation time are more likely to be travelling then.

Longer cruises always have more seniors.

Princess might work for your family. Normally, there are some in their 30's, 40's, and 50's.

There's enough evening activity to suit most.

The itinerary you pick is the most important thing.

Sorry to repeat the old mantra. but the Med is all about the itinerary/ports, and not the line or ship. If you have a 12 day cruise with only one sea day, you are off every day, not much time on the ship except to shower and eat, have a drink before bed. So pay more attention to the ports, and especially the times in port. EM

As much as I agree about the Med being about the ports and choosing wisely (but then again what cruise isn't) I have to disagree with the 'don't worry about the ship' mantra.

Most Med cruises that are over 10 days will have 2+ sea days in my experience (Ours had 3 each) so choose Royal or NCL for a good passenger mix. We have done Carnival and Celebrity around the med and Celebrity may also be a good choice as they have a mix of elegance and lots of things going on. We are early 30s if that helps and non-retired teachers. :)

I would have suggested Carnival too but they rarely go to the Med these days.

Do you book hotels according to how old (or young) the guests might be? Why would you book a cruise that way! You book because it's going where you want to go...or because the price is right...whatever criteria you use on vacation. The other passengers shouldn't be a factor. You will do what YOU want to do and that's all!

Do you book hotels according to how old (or young) the guests might be? Why would you book a cruise that way! You book because it's going where you want to go...or because the price is right...whatever criteria you use on vacation. The other passengers shouldn't be a factor. You will do what YOU want to do and that's all!

Perhaps it doesn’t matter to you but it does to the OP. You are saying “you book it because “. That is you not the OP. Booking a hotel and booking a cruise are two very different things. What a rude post. And, that’s all!!