Prinsendam: Bordeaux?

ROBERTEVANOVER

Can you be more specific? What do you mean. The ship docks right downtown where you can walk to many sites. Don't expect any taxis, on our stop in 2016 they were nonexistent.

oh THANK YOU for saying this. We are looking at a cruise for next year that includes this port.

oh THANK YOU for saying this. We are looking at a cruise for next year that includes this port.

There may not be taxis at the dock, but there are tram stops close by. It is possible to buy a day pass for the tram system and get within walking distance of all the major sites. There is an office within walkng distance where you can purchase the passes .

Boedeaux is a great city to explore. Be sure to check out the water “fountain”along the waterfront promenade, both during the day and at night.

BTW, across from the opera house and grand hotel, you will find the Apple store. From outside, it is possible to access their free wifi.

We were there in2016 and 2017 and enjoyed exploring the city.

There may not be taxis at the dock, but there are tram stops close by. It is possible to buy a day pass for the tram system and get within walking distance of all the major sites. There is an office within walkng distance where you can purchase the passes .

Boedeaux is a great city to explore. Be sure to check out the water “fountain”along the waterfront promenade, both during the day and at night.

BTW, across from the opera house and grand hotel, you will find the Apple store. From outside, it is possible to access their free wifi.

We were there in2016 and 2017 and enjoyed exploring the city.

Thank you. I'm saving your wonderful post in my notes. Excellent help. Many thanks :)

Thank you. I'm saving your wonderful post in my notes. Excellent help. Many thanks :)

You’re welcome.

If you are there on a Sunday, I hope the farmers market is again set up near the ship. Also, in the park near Saint Michaels Basilica on Sundays there is a huge flea market.

The water feature I mentioned is Le Miroir d’Eau, across from the Place de la Bourse.

If you are there for a full day instead of an afternoon, over night and the next morning, there will be time for a tour to Cognac, also interesting. And there is the wine museum in Boedeaux; although it was not as interedting as we’d hope. It had too much information unless you are really, really into the history and making of wine all over the world.

To get an idea of where everything is located, Google maps with the satellite imagine gives a good over view.

Enjoy your cruise on the P’dam. She was in good shape when we left her last November.

You’re welcome.

If you are there on a Sunday, I hope the farmers market is again set up near the ship. Also, in the park near Saint Michaels Basilica on Sundays there is a huge flea market.

The water feature I mentioned is Le Miroir d’Eau, across from the Place de la Bourse.

If you are there for a full day instead of an afternoon, over night and the next morning, there will be time for a tour to Cognac, also interesting. And there is the wine museum in Boedeaux; although it was not as interedting as we’d hope. It had too much information unless you are really, really into the history and making of wine all over the world.

To get an idea of where everything is located, Google maps with the satellite imagine gives a good over view.

Enjoy your cruise on the P’dam. She was in good shape when we left her last November.

thank you again :D

When we were there several years ago our overnight was not a full 2nd day. We had to leave because of tides. Previous time we had two full day. Both cruises had a full night in town. You dock on the promenade near the fountains. Walk to town and get public bus to vineyards

And there is the wine museum in Boedeaux; although it was not as interedting as we’d hope. It had too much information unless you are really, really into the history and making of wine all over the world.

If you are referring to La Cite du Vin, I have to disagree with you. The building itself is a remarkable architectural achievement. Of course, you have to have some interest in wine to find the exhibits worthwhile. There is also a fine restaurant, moderately priced, on the roof with exquisite views of the city. We had a very nice lunch there. It is also easy to get to on the nearby trams.

If you are referring to La Cite du Vin, I have to disagree with you. The building itself is a remarkable architectural achievement. Of course, you have to have some interest in wine to find the exhibits worthwhile. There is also a fine restaurant, moderately priced, on the roof with exquisite views of the city. We had a very nice lunch there. It is also easy to get to on the nearby trams.

You are correct about building. It is worth seeing both up close and as you sail past. We also enjoyed the view from the observation deck. As we generally are not museum people, we found the museum had more exhibits and information than we needed. Yes, the trams are the best way to get there; as well as to get around town.