Changing a reserved dining time for an earlier time on board?

Kingofcool1947

I will be on Sirena next month. It is my first time sailing with Oceania...

I very recently booked my two allotted specialty dining reservations online. One for Tuscan Steakhouse, and one for Red Ginger, Unfortunately, the only available times were for 9 p.m. For me, a bit late for dinner.

Is it possible foe me to change to an earlier dinner time once on board? Do I speak with the Maitre D?

Or, can I arrive at the specialty restaurant earlier than my reserved dining time and see if I can be seated?

BTW, I plan on wearing a sport coat, with dress shirt, but no tie. ;)

Thanks.

I will be on Sirena next month. It is my first time sailing with Oceania...

I very recently booked my two allotted specialty dining reservations online. One for Tuscan Steakhouse, and one for Red Ginger, Unfortunately, the only available times were for 9 p.m. For me, a bit late for dinner.

Is it possible foe me to change to an earlier dinner time once on board? Do I speak with the Maitre D?

Or, can I arrive at the specialty restaurant earlier than my reserved dining time and see if I can be seated?

BTW, I plan on wearing a sport coat, with dress shirt, but no tie. [emoji6]

Thanks.

Did you check that you are willing to "share?" Usually, it's only "table for two" that severely limits available times.

In any case, you can check each morning for openings in the specialty restaurants - be it a time change or an additional reservation.

Jacket is fine but never required.

Check with specialty reservations immediately after boarding. A number of reservations have been saved for those that did not make online reservations - hence there are openings that are not available/visible online. The sooner you try to change your reservations, the better the chances are for finding what you want.

As above, sharing a table might help as well.

We had the same issue on the Insignia last summer. We were able to change them but not until the day of the reservation. We had to see someone in Terrace at breakfast. There were six of us so we were already sharing. You must be diligent. Oceania was aware of our issue and we were able to get the times changed.

• 4 weeks later...
Did you check that you are willing to "share?" Usually, it's only "table for two" that severely limits available times.

In any case, you can check each morning for openings in the specialty restaurants - be it a time change or an additional reservation.

Jacket is fine but never required.

I was able to change reservations for both Tuscan Steakhouse and Red Ginger based on your recommendation to check with the Maitre D’ at embarkation. Easily changed from 9 p.m, to 8 p.m. dining, table for two.

First night, I wore a sport coat to Tuscan Steakhouse. After that, just an open collar dress or Guayabera shirt , khaki or linen pants, dress or croc leather loafers.

As a first time cruiser on Oceania, the cruise was great. I met some nice PAXs. Food and service was above Princess and Celebrity.

Thank you for your helpful advice. I will definitely cruise on Oceania again in the future.

King

Check with specialty reservations immediately after boarding. A number of reservations have been saved for those that did not make online reservations - hence there are openings that are not available/visible online. The sooner you try to change your reservations, the better the chances are for finding what you want.

As above, sharing a table might help as well.

Thanks.

I was able to change the reservation times from 9 pm to 8 pm. And, was able to get searted earlier by arriving 30 minutes early.

King