Upsell offer via email from TA

grinningimm

We are on Conquest on Oct. 27, 8 days to Bermuda out of FLL. We are in an inside (4A) on deck 1, and have $50 in OBC. The offer is for an Ocean View on deck 1 (there are several to chose from) for a total of $138.

We are inclined to pass, as the $138 will buy other things on board. But I had one thought: will the OV room be larger? It looks larger (longer from the door to the window) on the deck plan. Any thoughts?

An OV is definitely bigger. A 4A is a narrow room with one twin bed and a drop-down Pullman and no window. I think it's a wonderful deal at $16 a day. When I have an OV room I love being low and closer to the sea.

Come back and tell us what you decide!

For an 8 day I would take the up sell. If you lose the 50 obc, then your cost would be 138 plus 50. Still not bad for me to move from a small interior to an ov. Other thing to consider, if the cruise is very port intensive, you might just use the room for sleeping and dressing, in that case it’s not a good deal. I don’t care about cabins if it is a short cruise, port intensive or if traveling with a big group. If none of those are present, the cabin is super important. On long cruises and cruises with just my husband and I, we use the cabin a lot for relaxing , playing games , listening to music, etc and a lot of alone time . Not the case when we are traveling with other friends or family.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would have taken it. But also consider the location of your 4a vs the ocean view. Are you under/above areas prone to excess noise? I know you passed but for future reference, keep those things in mind.

I almost always book interior but I am going to be extremely picky on location. Whenever I have received upsell opportunities, I have to think more about the location change than room category, typically.