What time is boarding??

Aimee7

It's been a while since I've cruised... but wondering how early we can get on the ship - or at least start the boarding process? Our flight gets in at 8am and I plan to get FTTF.

Sailing out of Port Canaveral on the Liberty in November.

Boarding starts when the previous batch of passengers are fully debarked. So...it depends on how fast that happens, whether there were any delays or issues, etc.

You probably won't be let into the terminal prior to 10am. Maybe 10:30?

From what I gather, if no delays or other hiccups, boarding starts usually somewhere before 11am for Diamonds/Platinums, then FTTFs.

So if you land at 8am (you don't say whether domestic or Int'l, I'll assume domestic), you will be at a shuttle bus area by around 8:30, maybe 8:45 if your luggage is last onto the carousel. Maybe you'll depart at 8:45, maybe 9am. Takes about 40 min or less to get there by bus. So you'll be at the terminal building before 10am if everything goes "smoothly".

So be prepared to wait, even with FTTF.

Boarding starts when the previous batch of passengers are fully debarked. So...it depends on how fast that happens, whether there were any delays or issues, etc.

You probably won't be let into the terminal prior to 10am. Maybe 10:30?

From what I gather, if no delays or other hiccups, boarding starts usually somewhere before 11am for Diamonds/Platinums, then FTTFs.

So if you land at 8am (you don't say whether domestic or Int'l, I'll assume domestic), you will be at a shuttle bus area by around 8:30, maybe 8:45 if your luggage is last onto the carousel. Maybe you'll depart at 8:45, maybe 9am. Takes about 40 min or less to get there by bus. So you'll be at the terminal building before 10am if everything goes "smoothly".

So be prepared to wait, even with FTTF.

Good info, I know in Galveston it's usually closer to 1130 when boarding starts, but it does vary by port.

It's been a while since I've cruised... but wondering how early we can get on the ship - or at least start the boarding process? Our flight gets in at 8am and I plan to get FTTF.

It will vary.

I just noticed this.... You're flying out of Ohio, in November, on the day of your cruise??? :o:o

I hope you have good travel insurance and backup plans.

We sailed on Liberty last month and they started priority boarding at 11:00 AM. In June we sailed on Magic and they started priority boarding at 10:30 AM. Obviously a lot of factors can influence boarding times, but based on my experience Carnival turns over their ships very fast at Port Canaveral.