Voyage Personaliser - how to send a message

Happyholidayer

Hi apologies

If this has been previously asked ..

Can you send Cunard a message through voyage. I have search and can not locate where it might be.

I have an embarkation of 15.00 is this an early time.

My hotel room is booked until 12.00. So have a 3 hour wait. One of our party has a disability and 3 hours is quite a time waiting around.

I can possible ask the hotel for extra time on the hotel room. I can this will cost. So trying to avoid extra costs.

thanks

I think that if you leave your hotel at check out, travel to the ship (and I don't have any idea where you are boarding- so I don't have any idea how long that will take.) Check in at the terminal when you arrive, and board as soon as you can, likely as not, a hour or so after they begin boarding at noon. I am certain they will try to get your disable person help in boarding. Having spent a life time traveling, the one thing I know is that it is always better to be early than late.

I know I will probably be flamed for this but...I never pay attention to the time they give me for embarkation whether in Brooklyn or Southampton and I've taken 10 transatlantics.

I usually arrive around noon but have arrived as early as 11:00. They won't turn you away, you can start the process as soon as you arrive. If you're waiting it's because no one is getting on, but they will be very accommodating to anyone with a disability, don't worry about that.

They like to stagger the arrival of passengers by artificially assigning embarkation times. It's not a bad plan and for most people it probably works out ok but it's not mandatory.

Do what works for you.

The assigned embarkation times are an attempt to prevent too many people from showing up at the same time and thus overwhelm the checkin system. Almost everyone wants to be on the ship by Noon, have lunch, and unpack before the muster drill. But it's a logistical impossibility.

Early arrivals in Brooklyn - while the ship is still disembarking passengers - greatly contribute to the late morning traffic backups there. Porters are supposed to be assisting passengers in the baggage hall including those who need mobility assistance. That process is slowed down when porters have to be pulled off that job to handle the arriving early birds.

I got flamed for being insensitve to early hotel checkouts, early flight arrivals, and faulting the desire to start one's dream vacation. However far too many passengers are arriving way too early just because they want to. When disembarkation get delayed the two groups converge on each other.

Hi apologies

If this has been previously asked ..

Can you send Cunard a message through voyage. I have search and can not locate where it might be.

I have an embarkation of 15.00 is this an early time.

My hotel room is booked until 12.00. So have a 3 hour wait. One of our party has a disability and 3 hours is quite a time waiting around.

I can possible ask the hotel for extra time on the hotel room. I can this will cost. So trying to avoid extra costs.

thanks

I am sure the hotel would not object to you sitting in one of their lounges, maybe have a coffee and relaxes?;p

The procedure for wheelchair users is as follows1st contact Cunard and tell them that you have a wheelchair user in your party, Cunard will then send you a form to complete fill it in and post it back to Cunard, 2nd when you arrive at the terminal (Ocean terminal ) go up in the Lift get out and on the left hand side you will see a set of seats & a Cunard person who will look at there list of names then you will be allotted a attendant who will take you to the disabled check in desk once you are checked in you will be taken by the attendant onbord right behind the grills the attendant will even take you right to your cabin if you want. Now Disembarking at the end of the Voyage is different speak to the Purser who will give you a Time & place to be to have assisted Disembarkation.