Uber Back Up After Irma in Miami?

helen haywood

I know Uber suspended service over the weekend. I can't find any information if they are back up and running.... Any Miamians (hopefully safe and dry) know?

I highly doubt it. Over 70% of the gas stations are out of gas at the moment and power is out to around 80% of Miami. Lots of trees and damages to roads.

I too am interested in how this progresses as the week goes on. I'm traveling on Thursday and was planning on using Uber/Lyft to get from FLL to MIA airport area hotel. If these services are not available do any of the locals have a suggestion for the best way to make this trip under these circumstances?

I will try the UBER app on Friday morning to get to the port. If not will probably take a taxi; The shuttle to the port will be packed, and who knows how many people they can take a one time.

I found a place that said the app is working in Miami but not working in Fort Lauderdale whatever that means

You seem upset that Florida didn't get destroyed

Oh hell no! How did you get that idea. I have family in Florida and good friends in Puerto Rico.

Wow, I have had experience with these storms they are unpredictable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Uber suspended service over the weekend. I can't find any information if they are back up and running.... Any Miamians (hopefully safe and dry) know?

The Ap is up, the issue is gas lines are long!!!

I know of one that will try tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uber is back up and gas is rapidly becoming available. As of right now, it's not such an issue anymore. Still recovering, but transportation is generally back up and running normally.

that's good to hear. My husband had to commute to Fort Lauderdale today from Brickell for work. A fight broke out in the gas station he was at since on Federal Highway near the port as one of the vans from a hotel came in the wrong way and tried to cut everyone else.

that's good to hear. My husband had to commute to Fort Lauderdale today from Brickell for work. A fight broke out in the gas station he was at since on Federal Highway near the port as one of the vans from a hotel came in the wrong way and tried to cut everyone else.

That's why so many stations have police officers directing traffic. Many had cones setup for traffic flow. Yours is not the first story I've heard about from friends about fights at stations.

We just finally got our communications back at the office so we can reopen, just 2 hours ago. It's been a VERY rough week, as our business is international and not being able to operate is just brutal. But it's nice getting back to some normalcy.