Passport required- Mr. Santos

sumrgirl

Will we need US Passports to travel from the port to Mr. Sanchos (thank you all for that awesome suggestions) and back via taxi? My kids both have current ones but mine and husband are expired. We have our birth certificates which I originally thought was fine but did not think about the excursions.

Thanks!

Jill

Yes- Cozumuel

Cozumel??

We don't even take our ID off the ship, except what we need to reboard at the end of the day.

Taxi drivers just need to see the color of your money at the end of your ride.

No you don't. You will more than likely need your ID and sail and sign card to get back through to be able to get on this ship. You don't need a passport for excursions.

You don't need a passport for most excursions but there are some that do require them- for instance crossing from Alaska into Canada on an excursion or going from St Thomas to St John on an excursion, so if you are crossing from one country to another on an excursion you'll need a passport.

You don't need a passport for most excursions but there are some that do require them- for instance crossing from Alaska into Canada on an excursion or going from St Thomas to St John on an excursion, so if you are crossing from one country to another on an excursion you'll need a passport.

You DON'T need a passport from St. Thomas to St. John but you WILL need one from St. John to the British Virgin Islands (Tortola, Jost Van Dyke)

You DON'T need a passport from St. Thomas to St. John but you WILL need one from St. John to the British Virgin Islands (Tortola, Jost Van Dyke)

Thanks for the clarification, I knew it was one of those sets of islands.:)

No, but you will need to take a photo ID with you, along with your S&S card to get back onto the ship. Anyone over 16 will need photo ID.

To expand on the highlighted info, according to the Carnival website, a school id with a picture qualifies as government-issued photo identification for 16-18 year old passengers.