Majesty of the Seas drydock.

Not good news. I wanted to have my birthday dinner in Chops on our April cruise. Do not enjoy MDR on any ship. Cancelled Captain's Table for Jan. 19 cruise after reading post about not so wonderful food just before drydock on another ship. May have to do Captain's Table in April.

Anyone ever get a deal on Captain's Table? Got a great deal on Oasis Dec. 2016 as part of 3 night dining package.

Not good news. I wanted to have my birthday dinner in Chops on our April cruise. Do not enjoy MDR on any ship. Cancelled Captain's Table for Jan. 19 cruise after reading post about not so wonderful food just before drydock on another ship. May have to do Captain's Table in April.

Anyone ever get a deal on Captain's Table? Got a great deal on Oasis Dec. 2016 as part of 3 night dining package.

Not really thrilled about Captain's Table on Oasis. It's very open and exposed to the SL and CK. Like the way they do the private dining area on Radiance class as the best. Much more elegant. :)

We are talking about Chef's Table, correct?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yes, Chef's Table. Was not thrilled with our experience on Oasis but did like the price (not $85) as it was part of a package I lucked into online.

Was hoping for Chops after drydock but apparently no dice. I went ahead and booked Chef's Table for April cruise but cancelled it for next week's cruise.

We were just on the Majesty for NYE and we were told that there won't be a Chops because there isn't anywhere to put it. The Viking Crown isn't an option because they can't add a galley and there is no crew elevator that goes up there to deliver the meals.

Other areas didn't seem to be an option because of size.

Does the Majesty still have the Compass Deli for Suite/P breakfasts? I didn't see it listed as a dining option on the website..but those are not always accurate.

It's never been listed in the Compass to my knowledge, but was listed in the welcome letter you get in the stateroom.

It's never been listed in the Compass to my knowledge, but was listed in the welcome letter you get in the stateroom.

Thats great. Thanks, we are on her for 9 nites starting the 15th. We enjoyed the Compass Deli last year. Sorry to hear that Chops is now out of their plans.

They do need some kind of specialty restaurant other than the Chef's Table on this ship. It's too bad it didn't work out.

Thats great. Thanks, we are on her for 9 nites starting the 15th. We enjoyed the Compass Deli last year. Sorry to hear that Chops is now out of their plans.

They do need some kind of specialty restaurant other than the Chef's Table on this ship. It's too bad it didn't work out.

I agree, I'd rather see them remove Johnny Rockets and replace it with Giovanni's, but that's probably not the majority view.

Love JR's for boarding day. It seems more suited for the short cruise clientele

Agree, but with MJ going to Tampa for some 5-day cruises, it might have worked. Could also be that they are only doing short term plans for MJ, as I'm sure they would like to move her to Pulmantur if possible.

FWIW, I just got off MJ and overheard a conversation between another guest and someone in an officer uniform of some kind. Said most of the work being done in dry dock is for needed ship repairs and crew areas, nothing major intended for guest areas.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FWIW. The MJ has changed position at the Grand Bahama Shipyard. For the last several weeks, she was in a dry dock. Earlier today, she was relocated and is now moored alongside the shipyard’s shoreline.

So, what does this all mean? Your guess is as good as mine; But, I’m hoping it means all the major work has been completed and they’re putting the finishing touches on her before she returns to PC next week.

FWIW. The MJ has changed position at the Grand Bahama Shipyard. For the last several weeks, she was in a dry dock. Earlier today, she was relocated and is now moored alongside the shipyard’s shoreline.

So, what does this all mean? Your guess is as good as mine; But, I’m hoping it means all the major work has been completed and they’re putting the finishing touches on her before she returns to PC next week.

No cruises available to book until March 26th.

Dry Dock could be a number of things, a good cleaning and re-painting of the hull, Checking the Shafts & Their Packings, Cleaning or other Propeller/Screw work, etc., etc...

Perhaps I didn't explain the situation very well. The MJ was in a "dry dock" as in, the ship was completely out of the water for 3+ weeks. She was moved today from the "dry dock" and is now afloat in the water.

Could be, I'll be interested to see if it's just the popularity of that time of year, or something else is going on.

It also might be that the Incentives department is working overtime. There are going to be almost 800 orthodontic professionals on our March 2nd cruise.