Majesty of the Seas drydock.

We were just onboard Majesty over Christmas. Our experience was much different than yours and seemed to be echoed by everyone we talked to while onboard. The crew was AWESOME. It has been a long time since we had such an attentive and friendly crew on a ship actually. Would HIGHLY recommend sailing on her just for the crew.

Agree....even though I am not really fond of the ship as one of my favorites, since it is missing too many of the venues I have come to appreciate IMHO, the crew really makes it special. :)

Well we had certain criteria for the Cuba cruise and MOS hit it. So we booked for August. I spoke with the RCCL agent and she said they had no information on specifically what changes were going to be made. That's what she said!

Thx for the info! I guess we will have to stay tuned [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

RC agent I spoke with last week said no dry dock or refurbishments were planned for MJ before next summer. Wish they would get all their people on the same page. I'm disappointed that the Empress is being moved. I've heard such great things about her.

RC agent I spoke with last week said no dry dock or refurbishments were planned for MJ before next summer. Wish they would get all their people on the same page. I'm disappointed that the Empress is being moved. I've heard such great things about her.

Then your answer should have been "Great, I'd like to book a cruise on the MJ for next month". Let the agent figure out why there is nothing listed.

Not sure how much they could do/add/upgrade to the old girl - there is just not enough space! We were on June 2016 after brief refit only difference was hot tubs and things you could not see. Agree with all that say best/friendliest crew around. The standard cabins are beyond small and bathrooms as well. Looking forward to getting Enchantment back in Port Canaveral. Sorry to say the days are numbered for this size ship; you can keep Cuba (do not be surprised if the current administration just ends Cuba cruise stops all together - nothing in the law/OFAC regulations regarding trade/spending money in Cuba has changed) would not spend one dime there until I can fly/disembark there and do as I please!!

Edited by CelticMCO

I've tried to find out from several different sources what's going to be done to the MJ, with no success. To date, there have been no references to any changes for dining options, nor upgrades, nor enhancements for our March 2nd. sailing.

If no news is good news, then I'm guessing because nothing has been announced regarding improvements, that whatever is going to be done will likely be cosmetic and/or mechanical in nature.

Since we'll be among the first pax to sail on her after the dry dock, If anyone is interested, I'll be glad to report back here after our cruise.

I've tried to find out from several different sources what's going to be done to the MJ, with no success. To date, there have been no references to any changes for dining options, nor upgrades, nor enhancements for our March 2nd. sailing.

If no news is good news, then I'm guessing because nothing has been announced regarding improvements, that whatever is going to be done will likely be cosmetic and/or mechanical in nature.

Since we'll be among the first pax to sail on her after the dry dock, If anyone is interested, I'll be glad to report back here after our cruise.

I would love to know...keep us posted!

JD several times including last week.

Did you say JD is leaving soon? I was hoping he would be on for our upcoming cruise end of next week on the 19th. But I think you were telling me he would be gone by then.

Sure would be nice to see him one more time! :o

Did you say JD is leaving soon? I was hoping he would be on for our upcoming cruise end of next week on the 19th. But I think you were telling me he would be gone by then.

Sure would be nice to see him one more time! :o

Pat, I think the current voyage is his last before heading to Empress, then Grandeur 😱

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I really hope they add a Chops and upgrade the ship. When we booked, we booked the Empress because of the upgrades and Cuba route. I kinda feel duped. Now, if I cancel we lose our $200 deposit. Not cool..

You can at least move to a different ship without any fees if you push hard enough. I booked Empress specifically for Keywest. They changed the ship to Majesty and took away Key West in favor of Costa Maya.

You can at least move to a different ship without any fees if you push hard enough. I booked Empress specifically for Keywest. They changed the ship to Majesty and took away Key West in favor of Costa Maya.

Our seven night cruise on Brilliance last month out of Tampa took us to both ports. Also stopped at another favorite, Grand Cayman. Nice itinerary.

Chops will not be added.

I haven't looked for any deck plans, has Chops location been finalized? Part of the Viking Crown area seems to be the top rumor. Last September nobody on board could confirm where it will be.

I haven't looked for any deck plans, has Chops location been finalized? Part of the Viking Crown area seems to be the top rumor. Last September nobody on board could confirm where it will be.

It sounds like there won't be a Chops on Majesty.

Engineers took a look at the Viking Crown and said that it wouldn't be structurally sound to put Chops there.

It sounds like there won't be a Chops on Majesty.

Engineers took a look at the Viking Crown and said that it wouldn't be structurally sound to put Chops there.

Good to know, even though I canceled cruise #6 on her, but I never planned on 4 and 5 either. At this point I am assuming I will be boarding Enchantment next September. ;)

Interesting. I guess they also figured that the Compass Deli area wouldn't work either. That was the rumored location the last time.