Sailing on Brilliance SOON! Please help answer questions

Cruzmama

How are the shows? Comedians?

How strong are the blow dryers? Should I bring my own?

Just how bad is Terminal 6 in Tampa?

Can I get my cabin comfortably cool?

Will I need a sweatshirt?

What are some entrees, desserts not to be missed?

Thanks!

I was on the December 11 cruise. Let me see....

I really liked the center stage show. The comedian was just meh, but that may be just me.

I would say the blow dryer goes to medium flow. If you want strong or high, bring your own.

It was okay for embarkation, but a bit of a mess for disembarkation. Some of this was lack of organization on the ship’s part. I was in the first 50 off the ship, so I’m just reporting what folks on my roll call said.

I like my cabin cool and my travel clock has a thermometer. With the thermostat turned all the way down, my room was around 68 degees (balcony).

Not for the ports, but I did wear my cardigan some onboard. Tampa was freezing the day before we left.

Food was quite good, but I can’t think of any one thing that stands out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was just on the Brilliance Dec. 18-23, in the Royal Suite so my perspective may be a bit different ;)

Some of the RC Singers/Dancers shows are a bit boring to me, only because I've seem 'em before, but the comedians and other headliners are usually quite good.

Can't answer the hair dryer question, never used one!

Terminal 6 is definitely inferior to Terminal 3, but with the Valet parking and first-off self disembarking it actually was very smooth for us. (we were in the car in less than ten minutes after customs, no traffic at all exiting)

No issues with the air conditioning at all.

This time of year in Tampa, I would suggest packing for both hot and cold.

I found the beef tenderloin to be one of the best offerings in the MDR. Most of the food, although not "wow", was very good. Here's a pro tip for you:

If none of the deserts are very appealing to you, ask for the brownie sundae from the kids menu, it's great!

Happy Cruising :D

I've never had an issue with the hair dryer and I have pretty thick hair. Of course, I use hotel dryers all the time so maybe I'm just accustomed to this type of dryer. If you hold your hand in the right position you will have no problem holding down the button.

I've never had an issue with the hair dryer and I have pretty thick hair. Of course, I use hotel dryers all the time so maybe I'm just accustomed to this type of dryer. If you hold your hand in the right position you will have no problem holding down the button.

I agree..unless you have long, very thick hair, the ship dryers should be OK for you...not a guarantee just an educated opinion!;p Have a great cruise!

Disembarkation was a nightmare on 12/11 cruise. :eek: "New" terminal six is way too small for that size of ship passenger numbers.

If you don't have an early flight...consider staying on the ship until most of the passengers have departed. The "self assist" was a mad house that we had the displeasure of running into on the way to breakfast last day (we were not part of them) and tempers were flaring. :(

Otherwise we had a great cruise. Food was good, service good, and had a good time...even WITH breaking my foot on the first night. :o

I have a question if anyone is still following. Was night 2 formal night? Was the food selection special that night? Thanks

For our 12/18 sailing it was night 3. (5-night Mon-Fri : Tampa -> Key West -> at sea -> Cozumel -> at sea -> Tampa)

I think it is typically the first "at sea" night.

The dinner menu is the same as usual, nothing special really. Might have been the prime rib & lobster that night, funny it was less than two weeks ago and I already can't remember exactly. :p

• 4 weeks later...