Realistic debark/flight time out of Long Beach from Splendor 7-day

DallasGuy75219

I'm taking a 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise in April and had my departing flight of of Long Beach (LGB) changed from 4:30 pm to 11:57 am. With the airline schedule change, there are no later flights out of LGB that will allow me to connect to my final destination.

The published arrival time for Splendor back in to Long Beach is 9:00 am. I know that ships routinely get back to homeport before the published time, and I've cruised on the Miracle out of Long Beach before but don't recall what time we got back to Long Beach. I do know that the 7-day Long Beach cruises have later-than-normal boarding times, so backing that timeline up, I'm concerned about delayed debarkation times.

I'll turn Diamond on this cruise so can be one of the first off the ship if I need to be. What are others' experiences with "9:00 am" arrivals and noonish flights out of LGB? My alternatives are trying to the get the airline to put me on a later flight out of LAX or to cancel with refund and rebook on another airline with a later flight out of LGB.

I'm taking a 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise in April and had my departing flight of of Long Beach (LGB) changed from 4:30 pm to 11:57 am. With the airline schedule change, there are no later flights out of LGB that will allow me to connect to my final destination.

The published arrival time for Splendor back in to Long Beach is 9:00 am. I know that ships routinely get back to homeport before the published time, and I've cruised on the Miracle out of Long Beach before but don't recall what time we got back to Long Beach. I do know that the 7-day Long Beach cruises have later-than-normal boarding times, so backing that timeline up, I'm concerned about delayed debarkation times.

I'll turn Diamond on this cruise so can be one of the first off the ship if I need to be. What are others' experiences with "9:00 am" arrivals and noonish flights out of LGB? My alternatives are trying to the get the airline to put me on a later flight out of LAX or to cancel with refund and rebook on another airline with a later flight out of LGB.

LGB is maybe 10 minutes in bad traffic from the port. LGB is also a very small airport.

Therefore, I wouldn’t be concerned at all with an 11:57AM flight.

3 weeks ago on the Miracle out of Long Beach I had priority 2 because I was in a suite (after the carry off passangers) which was 9:30am. I was picking up my luggage by 9:45am

Arrival was “9am” but debarking started earlier than that.

Edited by riktishaw
Forgot something

IF you carry your luggage off the ship yourself you should be outside in the parking lot by 8:30AM. IF you have them take your luggage off it will be later but not much more than 9. You shouldn't have any trouble making your flight out of LGB.

IF you were going out of LAX it might be different but LGB is very close to the port.

Post 4 indicates actual experience of getting luggage at 9:45 AM. Whether that is the norm or exception is irrelevant because it just shows that from time to time one doesn't get their luggage until that time. Let's say that is the case and you get to the airport by 10:30 AM you likely will be fine.

Now if you are like me and don't like stress at least do one thing. See if the airline has any flights that are not as late as your original one but maybe not as early. You have nothing to lose to ask them.

Keith

LGB is maybe 10 minutes in bad traffic from the port. LGB is also a very small airport.

Therefore, I wouldn’t be concerned at all with an 11:57AM flight.

Totally agree, LGB should be no problem.

When we cruised out of LB, we had a 1:30 flight to catch and we almost missed it. We literally checked in with a minute to spare. (I'm not exaggerating). Debarkation was an absolute nightmare and the worst I've ever seen it. I think it had a lot to do with customs, and I don't believe it was a normal situation, but I would NEVER chance a flight earlier than that.

Lgb is a tiny airport. You can get there an hour before and have absolutely no problem making your flight. I bet even 45 minutes would be fine. You should be fine. Plus, it will almost certainly be the only ship coming in that day (the port is not like Miami).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums