Bermuda; from Florida - Any?

LMaxwell

A year or two ago Carnival had a couple of runs from Florida to Bermuda; I think they were 8 day cruises. Does anyone know if there are any currently listed or plans to do that again? I'd eagerly book another cruise to Bermuda if it left from Florida.

This year these are the only FL departures

Elation April 7 doing 8 night out of Jacksonville stopping at Half Moon

Sunshine Sept 21 doing 8 night out of Port canaveral stopping at Grand Turks

Conquest Oct 27 doing 8 nights out of Ft Lauderdale stopping at Grand Turks

Wish they would run more cruises to Bermuda, the Eastern & Southern Caribbean gets old after a couple cruises. Never understood why the Pride out of Baltimore doesn't go there, instead it does the Grand Turk, HMC, Freeport route just about every week.

If Carnival starts doing some regular runs to Bermuda, I could see us doing one of those eventually (maybe next year?). Just want to make sure it was when the weather was nice and warm - that Sunshine cruise out of Canaveral is timed about right, for example...

Just be careful, that is during the peak of hurricane season. We had this same itinerary booked in 2015 on the Sunshine, only to be diverted because of hurricane. The only problem is the entire itinerary got changed to an eastern caribbean instead. When paying for a Bermuda cruise the pricing is very different than an eastern cruise, and there wasn't much compensation for the difference. :( If we were to rebook for Bermuda again definitely would avoid that time of year.

Just be careful, that is during the peak of hurricane season. We had this same itinerary booked in 2015 on the Sunshine, only to be diverted because of hurricane. The only problem is the entire itinerary got changed to an eastern caribbean instead. When paying for a Bermuda cruise the pricing is very different than an eastern cruise, and there wasn't much compensation for the difference. :( If we were to rebook for Bermuda again definitely would avoid that time of year.

Acknowledged - we live in Central FL, so we are very aware of hurricane season. An ideal time of year might be June or early July - beach waters starting to warm up, good sunshine for around the pools, but the Gulf and Western Atlantic aren't warm enough to form/sustain storms, usually.

Acknowledged - we live in Central FL, so we are very aware of hurricane season. An ideal time of year might be June or early July - beach waters starting to warm up, good sunshine for around the pools, but the Gulf and Western Atlantic aren't warm enough to form/sustain storms, usually.

Off topic. But have you ever done a “cruise to the edge” Yes prog rock cruise?

Off topic. But have you ever done a “cruise to the edge” Yes prog rock cruise?

hah! I was wonder if my username would ever prompt that question! No, I never have.

OK, so completely I suppose OT, but I will say this just to clarify the above, with a question at the end for others, so I can get this thread back-to-topic:

I have thought about it, but although I "like" many of those bands (including Yes) I can't say any of them are my favorites (including Yes), and I feel the costs involved don't make it worth my while. I was just looking at the cruise leaving next month for giggles, and staring at all of those "classic" bands almost made me sad - they are no longer young men (and indeed, all the classic acts are 100% male, AFAICT), many original members are gone (maybe just from the band, maybe from this mortal coil), and the whole cruise experience seems to verify the stereotype of "male Prog Rockers who can't let go of the 1970s", which I would say I am not truly representative of, despite being male and growing up in the 1970s. :confused:

My username is somewhat tongue-in-cheek, because I do have prog-rock influences, and amongst my bandmates I am the guy who brings the prog-rock styles (yes, I am in a band, style isn't really "rock", though), but I know folks who are far deeper into the "scene" than I could ever go.

There are a few younger-looking bands on the cruise, a couple with females, but I fear they will be relegated to much shorter shows.

But maybe next year (or whenever the next go-around occurs) I will consider it, one final classic-prog blow-out for me while the remaining band members of the various classic bands are still alive, and maybe, just maybe, there will be enough younger/newer bands that will make me really want to go.

Anyway, back to the OP: Bermuda is somewhat isolated from the rest of the Caribbean, so I understand that most cruises don't have a whole lot of other stops. And therefore the cruises out of Florida's east coast might stop at one other port (looks like usually Grand Turk).

That seems like the kind of cruise, lots of sea days, that could be ideal for something like Cruise To The Edge. Does Carnival do specialty cruises like that a lot? I've seen the odd mention of one here and there, but it does not seem to be as common as I see for other cruiselines. Or maybe I'm just not looking properly.

This year these are the only FL departures

Elation April 7 doing 8 night out of Jacksonville stopping at Half Moon

Sunshine Sept 21 doing 8 night out of Port canaveral stopping at Grand Turks

Conquest Oct 27 doing 8 nights out of Ft Lauderdale stopping at Grand Turks

Thanks, The Bahamas stops are wasteful, IMO. Each of these 8 night cruises has 4 sea days, none has even 2 full days in Bermuda. I went on MSC Divina that did something similarly dumb; 2 full days in BDA then rushed to Nassau. If Carnivals 8 day cruises had 3 full days in BDA I'd book now.

One can dream.