1st time RCI - Where do I start?!

gele

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself and get any useful tips/ info. I booked the 3 night August cruise on Indy as a guaranteed balcony cabin a few months ago. I have just found out that I have a grand suite no 1248 on deck 10 which I am very excited about.:D I believe grand suites have additional perks and am hoping these will still apply. I really want to know if anyone has any advise regarding taking advantage of the upgrade and any general tips for a 1st timer on RCI. I haven't cruised for 10 years and never on a big ship.:confused: :eek:

O 2 B U !! Congrats! You will receive upgrade bathroom amenities, entry to the consigiere/suite lounge with mixed drinks, beer & finger foods 4:30 to 8 every evening (varies by ship), priority tender boarding, priority wait list for sold out excursions, reserved area for ice show and theater, plus lots more. You should have a letter in your cabin upon boarding spelling out all available to you.

Enjoy your cruise. My DH just received a knee replacement so we are land-locked until December.

Kay

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself and get any useful tips/ info. I booked the 3 night August cruise on Indy as a guaranteed balcony cabin a few months ago. I have just found out that I have a grand suite no 1248 on deck 10 which I am very excited about.:D I believe grand suites have additional perks and am hoping these will still apply. I really want to know if anyone has any advise regarding taking advantage of the upgrade and any general tips for a 1st timer on RCI. I haven't cruised for 10 years and never on a big ship.:confused: :eek:

Congrats. Yes, you will receive all the perks that come with a Grand Suite.

Thanks for the replies. I booked spacious balcony guarantee I'm sure. Anyway it sounds like a fantastic upgrade. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions in the coming days/weeks and as a novice cruiser I apologise in advance for any silly questions. My 1st one is how does priority boarding work? Will we just have some documentation to show?

I booked through a travel agent - do I need to contact them at all?

Thanks for the replies. I booked spacious balcony guarantee I'm sure. Anyway it sounds like a fantastic upgrade. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions in the coming days/weeks and as a novice cruiser I apologise in advance for any silly questions. My 1st one is how does priority boarding work? Will we just have some documentation to show?

I booked through a travel agent - do I need to contact them at all?

Two different things, priority check in and priority boarding. You will always have priority check in as there is a separate line for suites. As far as boarding, that only applies to those passengers that are checked in before boarding begins. Suites get preference then by C&A level. After all those waiting have boarded everyone else just boards right after they check in.

Instead of giving you an exhaustive list of perks, I will list the ones that were most useful to me when I booked a suite for a short cruise :

Priority line for check-in.

Reserved seating for theatre and ice show.

Free drinks in concierge lounge during happy hour.

Special events (meet officers, behind the scenes tour)

Priority disembarkation

Use of concierge to answer any questions and resolve any problems.

Access to concierge lounge where you can make yourself coffee/tea etc.

Since this is technically a FREE upgrade from a balcony to a full suite, will there be double C&A points?

No, but sometimes they make a mistake. Not often in the passenger’s favor but maybe although not to be expected.

You will enjoy the Suite, The Concierge should send you a welcome email with tips etc.

the suite cabin allows you access to the new Suite only lounge on deck 14

tip lift only goes to 14 on one side of the ship port side

In the cabin will be a welcome pack and a book showing what you can order for free from room service, brilliant breakfast, meals in room from dinning room and what reserved areas are onboard etc.

Windjammers has a reserved area in the Italian or chops just look for the GOLD card sign outside..

the Concierge will help with bookings for dinning and excursions and is the person to ask for anything you are not sure of.

you will enjoy