B2B same port different ships

We’re doing a 9 day cruise on Jewel in January from Miami and then switching to Allure the day we get back. Does RCCI have a process for embarking before general boarding or will we need to find something to do to kill some time after we get off the Jewel?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We’re doing a 9 day cruise on Jewel in January from Miami and then switching to Allure the day we get back. Does RCCI have a process for embarking before general boarding or will we need to find something to do to kill some time after we get off the Jewel?

Thanks

Since you are changing ships, you will have to check in and board with the hoi polloi. :D

On a B2B the ships have a full protocol to get those guests separated from the normal disembarkers. You are doing a side to side and will be on your own. Might check your roll call to see if others are switching ships. On our upcoming Symphony transatlantic there are a dozen or so getting right back on the Mariner and Royal is working with them to take all the luggage from one ship to the other. Check out the Symphony first TA roll call and look for internetwhizz, she is setting up the transfer of luggage and could probably give you a few tips.

On a B2B the ships have a full protocol to get those guests separated from the normal disembarkers. You are doing a side to side and will be on your own. Might check your roll call to see if others are switching ships. On our upcoming Symphony transatlantic there are a dozen or so getting right back on the Mariner and Royal is working with them to take all the luggage from one ship to the other. Check out the Symphony first TA roll call and look for internetwhizz, she is setting up the transfer of luggage and could probably give you a few tips.

Somehow I think that if I were part of the group transferring to Mariner from Symphony I would spend the extra few $ and take my own luggage in a taxi from Symphony to Mariner.

Given that it’s something that Royal doesn’t do on a regular basis I don’t have a lot of faith in them executing the plan.

We were in PE several years ago on Legend. We returned to a different terminal than we left from. Royal brought us back to the departure terminal, no problem.

Somehow I think that if I were part of the group transferring to Mariner from Symphony I would spend the extra few $ and take my own luggage in a taxi from Symphony to Mariner.

Given that it’s something that Royal doesn’t do on a regular basis I don’t have a lot of faith in them executing the plan.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

We were in PE several years ago on Legend. We returned to a different terminal than we left from. Royal brought us back to the departure terminal, no problem.

This terminal thing happened in San Pedro a couple of years ago.

It was a fiasco, a disaster, a chaotic cataclysm.

This terminal thing happened in San Pedro a couple of years ago.

It was a fiasco, a disaster, a chaotic cataclysm.

Pretty sure you were on the Legend cruise I mentioned. [emoji6]

Things work better in FL

Pretty sure you were on the Legend cruise I mentioned. [emoji6]

Things work better in FL

Yes, that Legend cruise is where we met.

I was not concerned since I wasn't parked.

I hope that things go well for the OP, but if I were he, I would take care of myself and not rely on RC.

After the Harmony TA in 2016 we went straight to Freedom , there were a lot of guests doing the same thing.

We disembarked Harmony as normal at more or less last call , collected our bags in the terminal and made our way to the shuttle that RCI laid on. Arrived at the Freedom pier , dropped bags off with the porters checked in as normal. No stress, no fuss.

I would not be happy leaving my bags on one ship and expecting them to turn up on another, luggage labels can get ripped off etc etc.

Thanks

Thanks, ddberry, for posting this question. We are doing the same in February, but on different ships (Allure first, then switching to Navigator) and I was wondering if RCCL had a procedure for those transferring to different ships.

We have done this twice in Port Everglades (Navigator-Oasis & Allure- Navigator). Took care of our luggage ourselves and grab a taxi both times. We were among the last numbers to be called to disembark and once we got the next terminal we just check-in & hopped onto the next ship. No stress

Jan 2020- we are changing ports...this is a first. Going from Port Everglades to the port of Miami