Photo Tour of the Spirit - November 2012

computerworks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had posted a reply to the original thread back in January saying how exciting it was to see the pictures because we were sailing in July 2013..... Well now we are back from our 12 days on the Spirit and we loved the ship. The openness of the back decks make it so enjoyable. We are already booked on another Spirit sailing for Dec 2013. If you are booked on this ship you will not be disappointed.

• 1 month later...

DW and I were costing up cruises for early next year, unfortunately on a budget, for her Birthday. It was between Splendida, Armonia and the Spirit.

Definitely sold on the Spirit. Absolutely love it.

Thanks so much for the pictures.

Edited by NathUK

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the great pictures. I was privileged to sail the Spirit 6 times while in New Orleans. With over 30 cruises on 5 lines on all sizes of ships the Spirit is still my favorite. I love it because it feels like a "ship"!

The staff and crew at that time was incomparable. I was on 4 times in a 12 month period and they really felt like family I knew so many by name. I still keep in touch with a few of them to this day.

Would LOVE to see her come back to the states.

• 1 month later...

Thank you SO much for posting these lovely pictures! Booked on Spirit for a Grand Med (Venice to Barcelona) cruise in summer of '15 for my first NCL cruise. You have just added to my excitement… she looks like such a beautiful ship! I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through the next 1.5 years! :D

Photo Tour of the Spirit - November 2012

We have just returned from a 9-day cruise on the Norwegian Spirit, out of Barcelona to the Canary Islands. It was an amazing trip that we won't soon forget.

Besides visiting new ports, it was on our favorite NCL ship....the third time on the Spirit for us.

I will post my Cruise and Port review on a different thread, but this thread will address the age-old Spirit question.

I know there are dozens of past posts asking just what is so special about this ship...any many answers are the same:

"...I just can't explain it, but this ship is beautiful and special."

This time, I prepared my answer in pictures. Here is a photo tour showing the classic design and the beautiful appointments of this grand lady.

I hope it gives you a sense of what makes the Spirit unique.

Thank you for posting your great photos of the Spirit! We sail May 6th 2014 and enjoyed seeing all the venues aboard!!! Thanks!!!

• 1 month later...
...the other hallway leads you to the Blue Lagoon and the Shanghai Bar

8195281530_4dc6a29ca7_b.jpg

8195281484_79314ee63d_b.jpg

8195281444_674cb3fa64_b.jpg

8195281392_13eba4f85e_b.jpg

8194188351_30bf52f6f3_b.jpg

The Blue Lagoon is in an awkward location on the Spirit. I much prefer eating in the Blue Lagoon on Jewel and Pearl, because it is not a part of the path from place to place on the ship.