Alaska - Aft Cabin Electric Blanket

thesmiths

I would probably look for some HOTHANDS also.

9b0cb89d-f28c-4409-b6ab-b5208650ad98_1.9d91590ca0671f3ad33016e7b24edb4a.jpg

We don't hunt but we do ride motorcycles and I've used these for years. They make a lot of different styles, some for toes and feet and more. https://hothands.com/products/

They work very well and are extremely cheap. Walmart carries them along with any outdoors/sporting goods Bass Pro/Cabelas type place.

Oh, boy. I totally missed the last line. Mea Culpa.

So did I and my only excuse is here on CC I tend to skip over the last line by assuming it's an auto message from the poster's phone e.g sent by iPhone, sent using Tapatalk or my personal favorite the one that says to excuse any typos because the message was sent by voice.

I don't know when you are sailing but here is my experience. I am warm natured. I sailed to Alaska on May 30. It was so warm in our cabin we often slept with the balcony door propped open. We had great (sunny) weather all but one day (Skagway). We wore long sleeves and a lightweight jacket for the morning on our Yukon excursion (highly recommend). Jackets were not needed later in the day. The day it rained in Skagway I wore a lightweight rain jacket over a long-sleeve shirt.It was not warm enough for adults to experience the pool (but kids used the under roof one). There is an adult only hot tub in the gym. The Serenity deck is a great place to dine from the Buffet if you don't like crowds. I took a regular blanket for covering up on the balcony when watching the sail through the fjords. The inside areas of the ship were as warm as any Carribean cruise I have been on so unless you are cruising outside decks evening wear should be what makes you comfortable inside. Everybody suggests taking things you can layer because you really won't know the weather in the ports until after you are on the ship.

We are having a cold day today and i grabbed my lap blanket. I bought it on the cruise to Alaska on Carnval.

It might not be as much as you wanted, but the ship sells fleece lap blankets that fold up nicely in the gft shop. I love mine and use it all the time.

cheap too, like $10 Im thinking? nice to cuddle with on a cold day. and will fit easily into your suitcase to bring home.

just a idea. I love mine, and great for gift ideas. I also got a fleece jacket. i didnt really have a winter coat that didnt take up loads of room in my suitcase. I live in Dallas, and it rarely gets cold and everything i had is bulky.

the fleece jacket i bought has bears on it but they also sold ones with a wolf head design. i get so many compliments on it Im glad i didnt pack a coat and boughth one onboard.

neither plugs in but they sure are nice on a colder day. Both were priced well and and pretty cheap and easily packed. The coat wasnt planned but all i brought with me was a hoodie.

We've done Alaska twice and never found a need for an electric blanket. Layers are best, on one of the cruises we were actually hot some of the time. Yes, hot!

Also a tip we found was to go to the hot tub or sauna on the glacier day.

Best. Experience. Ever.

Comfort and warmth while looking at the beautiful icy scenery.