Guaranteed balcony carnival vista

Heimey

Hello all!!! Heimey here from London, Ontario Canada. I have booked a guaranteed balcony on the Vista for my family and I, New Year's cruise. Just curious if anyone has experience with this, good or bad?????? What can we expect???

Thanks

Heimey

Hello all!!! Heimey here from London, Ontario Canada. I have booked a guaranteed balcony on the Vista for my family and I, New Year's cruise. Just curious if anyone has experience with this, good or bad?????? What can we expect???

Thanks

Heimey

You can expect to get a cabin no one else booked.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You can expect to get a balcony cabin that could turn out to be great or the worst one possible like around the IMAX theater. Basically you’ll get the leftovers from what people didn’t choose. Plenty of people have been happy with their guarantees, and plenty of people haven’t.

I am way too picky of a person to do a guarantee. The circumstances would have to be extreme for me to even consider it.

New Years is probably a expensive date. If it was a good price, better than picking a balcony, I would do it in a heartbeat, but then I like the surprise of what they pick. If you pick, each deck up costs more. Its usually a good enough savings I would do it. especially some of the pack n go rates, but not if its the same price. I assume its a savings.

Id do it, but then I like to cruise cheap.

New Years is probably a expensive date. If it was a good price, better than picking a balcony, I would do it in a heartbeat, but then I like the surprise of what they pick. If you pick, each deck up costs more. Its usually a good enough savings I would do it. especially some of the pack n go rates, but not if its the same price. I assume its a savings.

Id do it, but then I like to cruise cheap.

It was a substantial savings!!!! We usually book oceanview rooms so any balcony is an upgrade in my opinion. I've read different posts about people getting some nice upgrades and equally as many that didn't like their picks. I'm never in my room and can sleep well through most noise. We will play it by ear and go with the flow. Give me warm weather and cold beer, I'm happy.

Thank you to those that replied

Heimey

That is the gamble you take with at GTY. I did a GTY once and was underneath the pool deck..Chairs being dragged early in the morning. Of course I didn't hear it because I am a sound sleeper, but my husband did. That was the only time we ever did a GTY. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks

Heimey

You will get what nobody wants.

As for us, we love a guarantee. Unless we are getting some other great rate we will do a guarantee. Veranda always. It's like buying a lottery ticket - looking forward to what we win. Never have been disappointed. But then we are on a cruise ship - how fortunate for us.

As to the comments that you get what no one else wants - that is not always true. If there is a cancellation, you might wind up with a very desirable cabin at a much lower cost. And - there is always a chance you'll get a higher grade than what you booked.

I hope you love whatever you get. Enjoy your cruise!:cool:

Agree... with SS Exeter. We have booked GTY balcony numerous times and have never been disappointed. Many times a very nice upgrade. Once we got a premium balcony aft another time we got a wrap around balcony. Back then we always cruised high season due to my children being in school and the ships were always full.

Agree... with SS Exeter. We have booked GTY balcony numerous times and have never been disappointed. Many times a very nice upgrade. Once we got a premium balcony aft another time we got a wrap around balcony. Back then we always cruised high season due to my children being in school and the ships were always full.

How far out do they assign your room? Just thinking about luggage tags and whatnot.

Thanks

Heimey

How far out do they assign your room? Just thinking about luggage tags and whatnot.

Thanks

Heimey

It varies... I have sometimes received my cabin assignment 2-3 weeks before cruise. I have also had to wait until day of the cruise!! But I believe that was back around 15 years or so before their website was more interactive and updated in real time. So I'm pretty certain you will get you assignment before departure day. Just check the "manage your cruise" section every few days and you likely will see your cabin number appear!!.

If by chance it still not showing before you leave home..... Just mention to the porter at the dock and he will have a sail manifest which will show your cabin number and a tag can be added to your bags,

It varies... I have sometimes received my cabin assignment 2-3 weeks before cruise. I have also had to wait until day of the cruise!! But I believe that was back around 15 years or so before their website was more interactive and updated in real time. So I'm pretty certain you will get you assignment before departure day. Just check the "manage your cruise" section every few days and you likely will see your cabin number appear!!.

If by chance it still not showing before you leave home..... Just mention to the porter at the dock and he will have a sail manifest which will show your cabin number and a tag can be added to your bags,

Just checked. We got room 6236. Right across from Circle C. I hope that doesn't turn out to be a bad location?????

Thanks

Heimey

Just checked. We got room 6236. Right across from Circle C. I hope that doesn't turn out to be a bad location?????

Thanks

Heimey

Guaranteed cabin locations can be wonderful, terrible, or somewhere in between. I like to pick my deck and location, so I stopped booking guarantees early in my cruising history.

Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

Thanks

Heimey

Guess that depends on if you have children, could be a convenient location for drop-off. Personally I don't care for that far forward on the ship and it is right above the liquid lounge, so noise can go on when it converts to nightclub area. Have to agree with others we're too picky about our room location from past experiences to go with a guarantee. But with all of your savings enjoy it this time and next time you will know the down side of guarantees.