Where to go in San Juan for provisions before embarking

Crazy4Camping

Are you guys saying there’s a cvs and Walgreens outside panamerican pier where the OP will be embarking?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Those stores are near the Old San Juan cruise piers...but the OP is cruising on Carnival, which normally uses Old San Juan. Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and NCL normally use Panamerican as their embarkation port, not Carnival.

same question as OP but Panamerican pier. What is closest store for soda, wine and/or toiletries (sunscreen, conditioner).

Soda, water and wine are all available in the stores right inside the terminal. Very easy, you can even board, drop your stuff, and then walk back out, if you choose.

I wasn't looking for sundries, so someone else will have to confirm if anything is available.

Those stores are near the Old San Juan cruise piers...but the OP is cruising on Carnival, which normally uses Old San Juan. Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and NCL normally use Panamerican as their embarkation port, not Carnival.

Aha. On mobile I see NO indication of who she’s cruising with.

Aha. On mobile I see NO indication of who she’s cruising with.

This is posted in the Carnival board. I’m assuming you’d be sailing Carnival if you’re posting it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soda, water and wine are all available in the stores right inside the terminal. Very easy, you can even board, drop your stuff, and then walk back out, if you choose.

I wasn't looking for sundries, so someone else will have to confirm if anything is available.

I did Google it and found a CVS near it. I was hoping to stop on way to ship and either get another cab or walk rest of way. I wanted to see if anything like a supermarket was closer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

If Walgreens isn't to your liking the best bet would be to ask your taxi driver where a good grocery store is to get the stuff you want.
We were thinking of that but d idnt want to take a chance of either getting a cab driver who wouldn't wait or one who would take us God knows where. It's happened before to us ..the scenic route cab ride... I wanted to get as close as we can and get stuff then either catch another cab or walk rest of way. We'll see what happens when we get there.

We were thinking of that but d idnt want to take a chance of either getting a cab driver who wouldn't wait or one who would take us God knows where. It's happened before to us ..the scenic route cab ride... I wanted to get as close as we can and get stuff then either catch another cab or walk rest of way. We'll see what happens when we get there.

My suggestion is to use Uber instead of taxis if possible. We used a taxi 3 times before realizing Uber was the better option. We paid $80 for those 3 trips and took 9 trips with uber that totaled $86 including tips. Most Uber rides were under $4!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They can't pick up from airports though. Do they drop off at the port or close? If so, I'll uber. I do it all the time.

Yeah, they can drop close to the port, there is plenty of room on the street right in front. Uber dropped us right at the airport on our way home.

They can't pick up from airports though. Do they drop off at the port or close? If so, I'll uber. I do it all the time.

What airports can Uber not go to? There may be one out there but I've never been to an airport that Uber wasn't allowed at. Also each port I've been to, Uber has been able to drop me off and pick me up right at the terminal doors.

Any idea with cruise pier Royal Caribbean uses if just a day stop (not embarkation)? Thanks!

Is there a good place someone can recommend that is between the airport and the port to stop for wine or cans of soda?

I think I can help with your two questions. First of all, when you get to the pier if you check your luggage with the porter you can then walk across the street to purchase wine and soda. It is an easy walk even if you choose to roll your carryon behind you. You will see the Walgreens across from the pier and if you walk to the left of Walgreens, past the Polo Store, you will see a CVS. We found the CVS to be cheaper than Walgreens for some wines. Now the reason I suggest purchasing your wine before boarding is that after you get onboard and in your room, you can then get back off and purchase more wine and re board with out incident. We actually got off twice and brought on 5 bottles a few weeks ago.

Taxis at the airport are regulated. It cost $25 for two people and 3 bags from the airport to OSJ. I'm sure it wouldn't be a dollar or two different to the pier. Someone can chime in on what they paid to the pier if there is a difference.