Viewing Statue of Liberty departing NY Harbor

5kitty

The outside. :D

To answer your question: the Statue of Liberty will be on the starboard side (the right side) as you sail away from New York. But please don't miss the stunning views of Manhattan on the port side, or going under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge. Best to be out on a high deck where you can see all around you!

We are booked on a cruise on the Breakaway round trip out of New York. When leaving the harbor, what side of the ship can I see the Statue of Liberty on? Thanks.

The Statue of Liberty is on the right side ...

LadyLibertyI.jpg

LadyLibertyII.jpg

We are booked on a cruise on the Breakaway round trip out of New York. When leaving the harbor, what side of the ship can I see the Statue of Liberty on? Thanks.

We're usually up on deck 16. We watch the sights of manhattan on the port side, then move over to the starboard side to get our SOL pictures.

On the day of disembarkation i believe you will pass the statue of liberty around 530am, I preferred seeing it lit up under the dark sky!

Taken around 4am aboard Anthem of the Seas on her inaugural transatlantic in Nov. 2015, as she arrived from Southampton and entered New York Harbor for the very first time

Statue%20of%20Liberty%20at%20night_zpsox6gyh9e.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

On the day of disembarkation i believe you will pass the statue of liberty around 530am, I preferred seeing it lit up under the dark sky!

I agree, whenever I get to New York I'm in awe of the lights / skyline at night. We live in the Boston area and don't get to New York city to often.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I agree that out on deck is the best place to be. The views all around are so beautiful, and it is unbelievable going under the Verrazano bridge. We live in NY and have sailed out of NY about 18 times, and it still floors us every time. Simply beautiful and amazing. Enjoy

Safe sailing968bd202081a68698f00ded887c7345f.jpg048b8e5b93a3a3bd66b4f02705b19a14.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

• Like 1

I was on the Breakaway last September out of Manhattan. We found the Waterfront on deck 8 was pretty empty for sail away and ended up being a great spot. We started outside Shaker's Martini Bar by the chairs and tables while passing lower Manhattan (port side), then went through the ship and out the starboard side by Ocean Blue to see the Statue of Liberty. Quite frankly, the Manhattan skyline is more spectacular to see. Also, after you watch the Statue of Liberty go by walk to the back of the ship on the Waterfront and you get a nice aft view of the Statue of Liberty, buildings in Jersey and Lower Manhattan. Then you can head back up by Shaker's Martini Bar as you approach and go under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.

• Like 1

Spice H2o is a great place to watch sailaway. Aft of the ship, and open all around. And, there is a bar there! Perfect.

Apologies for this being off topic. Ellen...I have not figured out the private messaging feature here and saw you were from NEPA and had a cpl specific questions about getting to the pier in NYC and how you/your family goes about it.