what is buffet etiquette in this situation

luckyinpa

Now see here ya Tacoma love king! I'm getting an uneasy feelling you would cut to the front of the line at a bank.

All of our banks here in Florida have 1 line for queuing, not a bunch of people running around helter skelter looking at the food as though they didn't recognize it. :o

All of our banks here in Florida have 1 line for queuing, not a bunch of people running around helter skelter looking at the food as though they didn't recognize it. :o
awww the mysteries of buffet dinning, " hey Thelma come take a gander at this one, dang gummit Earl Bob ternation is it, I donno but it looks like somethin ur ma useta weer" .

Assuming someone isn’t reaching for the tongs in front of you. You may step in. I will say if I’m there getting food and someone tries to swipe in I have thrown a bow or two [emoji23] kidding! I have said excuse me and continued reaching for the tongs very politely. But quickly. If I can avoid peak hours at the squat and gobble I will do my best to do just that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Now that is funny.....:):):)

Bob

Assuming someone isn’t reaching for the tongs in front of you. You may step in. I will say if I’m there getting food and someone tries to swipe in I have thrown a bow or two [emoji23] kidding! I have said excuse me and continued reaching for the tongs very politely. But quickly. If I can avoid peak hours at the squat and gobble I will do my best to do just that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you sure it isn't gobble and squat ? :D

Assuming someone isn’t reaching for the tongs in front of you. You may step in. I will say if I’m there getting food and someone tries to swipe in I have thrown a bow or two [emoji23] kidding! I have said excuse me and continued reaching for the tongs very politely.
Remember to show up with more than one plate if you have problems fitting everything on one.... if serving tongs are too slow.... just use the plates to scoop! This reduces the line delay behind you.

Edited by xlxo

Remember to show up with more than one plate if you have problems fitting everything on one.... if serving tongs are too slow.... just use the plates to scoop! This reduces the line delay behind you.

LOL,I've seen them do that with the strawberries at the HC.

turns out as was mentioned, regal has no lines at all. matter of fact i dont think anyone was on my sailing i just got off. except for muster i didnt see anyone. is this how it normally is? no lines for any food

oh wait. on the grill outside i think 5 people were lined up one night. other than that seriously i never waited for anything at all.

i forgot to ask steward if others were on this ship even. sooooo much less busy than the Breakaway.

As a resident of Las Vegas, the buffet capitol of the world, I can definitely tell you that I am not about to stand in line while someone spends 5 minutes trying to decide exactly what they want of whether they want 2 tomatoes or 3 tomatoes with with salad.

DON

I circle the buffet, looking at what is available before taking anything. Then I go directly for the items I want, of course, being respectful of anyone who has been waiting in line for an item.

This is me as well. Got to know what I want before standing in a long line or even "cutting" in.

We don't use the buffet anymore, it's more like a slop trough with all the hands coming and going scooping food out and the people are usually pretty rude, the last time was a few weeks ago when in 19 days we went once and we both came down with some kind of sickness for 24-36 hrs., lets just say the toilet was very busy, so that's that no more plain and simple.

We don't call it the horror zone for nothing! The sights we have seen in that line have put us off for good. Much prefer to dine in the dining rooms.