RC Adventure Of The Seas 2018

MD
5 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
Did any of you happen to get the 15-drink-coffee-card (for $31)? I'm wondering if cafe promenade was charging 2 punches for grande drinks, or 1 punch. I've read conflicting information and Adventure seemed to be one of the 2-punch ships the last I read (which really makes no sense, since then it's more expensive to use the card than to pay as you go). I know I can just wait until I'm on board to find out and purchase the card then, but if I wanted to get a beverage package instead, it's cheaper to do that beforehand. Thanks!
Pool Bar
1,913 Posts
Joined Oct 2016
Originally posted by BEENSAILING
If I was booked in one of the deck 11 JS (like one of our friends) on upcoming cruise and it wasn't ready I sure would be VERY unhappy...especially if there are no other JS or GS for Royal to move me in to. There should be much issuing of FCC certs.... but airplane tix and hotel reimburse?
Haha. I'm sure your friend/future cruiser is very appreciative of everyone's diligence in trying to gain insight into the new Deck 11 cabins.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rick

Completed Mustering:
Norwegian Seaward - August 1992 | Carnival Ecstasy - August 1996 | Carnival Imagination - August 1998 | Voyager of the Seas - March 2004 | Navigator of the Seas - August 2004 | Carnival Imagination - July 2005 | Explorer of the Seas - October 2005 | Carnival Valor - April 2006 | Majesty of the Seas - July 2006 | Navigator of the Seas - October 2006 | Enchantment of the Seas - December 2006 | Liberty of the Seas - September 2009 | Oasis of the Seas - December 2009 | Celebrity Eclipse - November 2010 | Allure of the Seas - September 2011 | Explorer of the Seas - May 2012 | Celebrity Solstice - October 2012 | Liberty of the Seas - March 2013 | Majesty of the Seas - September 2014 | Independence of the Seas - December 2015 | Independence of the Seas - March 2016 | Anthem of the Seas - June 2016 | Anthem of the Seas - September 2016 | Oasis of the Seas - September 2016 | Enchantment of the Seas - October 2016 | Empress of the Seas - November 2016 | Navigator of the Seas - December 2016 Live Thread | Majesty of the Seas - February 2017 | Navigator of the Seas - March 2017 Live Thread| Anthem of the Seas - May 2017 Live Thread | Norwegian Escape - May 2017 Live Thread
| Harmony of the Seas - September 2017 Live Thread | Harmony of the Seas - December 2017 Live Thread | Adventure of the Seas - March 2018 Live Thread | Symphony of the Seas - April 2018

Future Hand Washing Reminders
Harmony of the Seas - September 2018 - President's Cruise
Symphony of the Seas - November 2018 - Pre-Inaugural Western Caribbean
Symphony of the Seas - December 2018 - Eastern Caribbean
Mariner of the Seas - March 2019 - Bahamas B2B2B
Ovation of the Seas - June 2019 - Alaska
Symphony of the Seas - September 2019 - Western Caribbean
Florida
45 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by CruisIng17
Did any of you happen to get the 15-drink-coffee-card (for $31)? I'm wondering if cafe promenade was charging 2 punches for grande drinks, or 1 punch. I've read conflicting information and Adventure seemed to be one of the 2-punch ships the last I read (which really makes no sense, since then it's more expensive to use the card than to pay as you go). I know I can just wait until I'm on board to find out and purchase the card then, but if I wanted to get a beverage package instead, it's cheaper to do that beforehand. Thanks!
No one I know has the 15-drink-coffee-card, so I’m afraid I can’t help with your 1 punch vs. 2 punch question. I am glad I purchased the Refreshment Package when it was on sale 6 months ago. I’ve used it for lots of bottled water, iced coffee, Diet Coke, and a couple of non-alcoholic frozen concoctions.
New York
166 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Day 5 - Curacao

Today in Curacao we went hey skiing around an outlet and snorkeled above a ship wreck! Ship wrecks are always so incredible to see because there's always a lot of dishes living there and some really cool coral growing off of it. Anyways I took a jet ski with my girlfriend Rachel and I went pretty fast The fastest I got going was about 50 mph!!!!!! Rachel loved that I'm sure. For the second half of the jet ski tour Rachel drove the jet ski and I did convince her to get it going to 40 mph!!!!!! Then Rachel and I had a great time at the beach afterwards and caught some great waves while renting surfboards. (We can't exactly bring our own on the plane.) Then we headed back to the ship, hit the Flowrider as usual and the water slides and later that night Rachel and I gazed under the stars in the hot tub to finish off the night at 1:00 am!!!!!! Make sure to check in tomorrow for Aruba!!!!!!

(Reviews are usually posted the day after the events in the review).

IMG_0089.jpg
IMG_0441.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
New York
166 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Originally posted by JimAOk1945
Great review! We were on this ship twice and enjoyed it both times!

That's awesome!!!!!! This is actually my third time on the Adventure!!!!!!

Central Illinois
132,306 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by uncleboo
do you have any menus you can share for ths ship

thanks
Someone reported they are the same as the new menus on Oasis:
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2572861
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Jewel, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
Ontario, Canada
173 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Originally posted by Shamrock Girl
No one I know has the 15-drink-coffee-card, so I’m afraid I can’t help with your 1 punch vs. 2 punch question. I am glad I purchased the Refreshment Package when it was on sale 6 months ago. I’ve used it for lots of bottled water, iced coffee, Diet Coke, and a couple of non-alcoholic frozen concoctions.

Does the refreshment package include things that can be taken off the ship, like vitamin water or juice?

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2002 Norwegian Sky
2003 Norwegian Sun
2005 Golden Princess
2006 RCL Jewel
2007 Crown Princess
2008 Caribbean Princess
2009 Caribbean Princess
2010 Victory
2011 Celebrity Summit
2012 Celebrity Summit
2013 Paul Gauguin French Polynesia
2014 Celebrity Summit
2015 Celebrity Summit
2016 RCL Adventure OTS
2016 RCL Jewel OTS
2017 Carnival Fascination
2017 Azamara Quest
2018 RCL Adventure OTS
2018 Starclippers -Bali
2018 Celebrity Silhouette
2019 Celebrity Symphony
New York
166 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Originally posted by fillmoreranger
Video of the wave pool on Adventure of the Seas. Filmed on 02-13-2018.

definitely saw that last night! Wind and waves were crazy and the ship was moving so much!

New York
166 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Day 6 - Aruba

Aruba is now one of my favorite islands for 2 main reasons: Its HUGE and the beaches so amazing. They all have that bright Caribbean sand and that satisfying light blue Caribbean water like the others. Aruba has some really fun people as well. We chose a catamaran and snorkeling excursion here and my girlfriend Rachel and I found a huge school of fish at the first site. There must have been millions of them. There were so many that every now and then you could see a wall of fish and you couldn't see the other side of it!!!!!! The next site was a shipwreck. In fact, it is the largest shipwreck in the entire Caribbean Sea. Me and Rachel drove down and actually sat on the shipwreck. After that, the catamaran took us to a beach where we all got free lunch and some time at the beach, so while everyone else kind of did their own thing, me and Rachel decided to rent a paddle board, once again not very easy to bring your own on a plane, and had a lot of fun in the water!!!!!! Afterwards, we headed back to the ship and passed by some really amazing beaches (pictures below). On the ship we hit the Flowrider and waterslides, as usual. And we also went to the helipad after dinner and the winds were so intense!!!!!! They actually we're almost pushing us over so we were all holding on to benches!!!!!! We then went to the Pool-side disco party after that and had a ton of fun there. That's all for Aruba, see you tomorrow for another day at sea!!!!!!

(Reviews are usually posted the day after they take place and I will try to get to as many of your comments/questions as possible.)

Central Illinois
132,306 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by remaxlu
Does the refreshment package include things that can be taken off the ship, like vitamin water or juice?
Just bottled water. You could probably put the fresh squeezed OJ in a container yourself and take that off.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Jewel, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
Florida
45 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by CruisIng17
I just stopped by Cafe Promenade for my afternoon iced coffee and asked the server about “punches” on the 15-drink-coffee-card. He said it depends on the drink, but usually anything in the “Tall” (12 oz.) cup is 1 punch; drinks in the “Grande” (16 oz.) cup, or “Venti” (20 oz.) cup are 2 punches.

Also, a couple of times on this trip I have been able to get cans of diet soda with my Refreshment Package at Cafe Promenade and the Blue Moon (VCL).
MD
5 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
Originally posted by Shamrock Girl
I just stopped by Cafe Promenade for my afternoon iced coffee and asked the server about “punches” on the 15-drink-coffee-card. He said it depends on the drink, but usually anything in the “Tall” (12 oz.) cup is 1 punch; drinks in the “Grande” (16 oz.) cup, or “Venti” (20 oz.) cup are 2 punches.

Also, a couple of times on this trip I have been able to get cans of diet soda with my Refreshment Package at Cafe Promenade and the Blue Moon (VCL).
Thanks for inquiring on my behalf, that was really nice of you!