Onboard Sunshine 7 Feb 2015

BND

We are currently on Sunshine. Having a great time. Ignore the bad reviews. We have had nothing but very good food, friendly crew and a great time. The weather is beautiful and the seas are smooth. Is it a little crowded, yes, but that's because everyone wants to be out enjoying the great weather. Also loving the new internet plans. $60 for the 8 days for the mid -level plan and it works great.

Edited by BND

Do they have any live bands that are good or is it just dj's? How are the lines for the water slides? Have they had to close the slides due to high winds or bad weather? Is it true that if you want a seat at the comedy shows you have to go grab one hours in advance?

Can't wait! 26 days!:)

Do they have any live bands that are good or is it just dj's? How are the lines for the water slides? Have they had to close the slides due to high winds or bad weather? Is it true that if you want a seat at the comedy shows you have to go grab one hours in advance?

Can't wait! 26 days!:)

The live bands and performers I've heard in passing are good. There's a band in Ocean Plaza who plays 70's/80's type music. We've had excellent weather except for a little rain last night so nothing has been closed. You need to go get in line for the comedy show at least 40 min early if you want a good seat. We got in about 20 min ahead and got seats in the back left corner where you can't see the stage, but there are screens. We went to the 10:30 show but have been told for the adult show to go to the 11:15 one as it's less crowded, but there was a line when we got our of our 10:30 show.

How are the shows? Comedians?

Production shows are very good. This is only our third day so we've had two production shows. Motown last night and VIP (think studio 54/70's music) tonight. Motown was better but they were both good. We've only seen one comedian and he was pretty good. Plan to go at least one more time this trip. Aruba tomorrow and then Curacao and Grand Turk.

It rained last night for an hour or two, but outside of that, it's been beautiful.

Decks have been packed with people as we have had excellent weather. Serenity is full by 9am or so. We just go to the side on deck 10 (behind the screen area) and grab chairs in the shade. Right behind the screen is the smoking section so we try to not get too close to that.

Edited by BND

When you return, would you please post the Fun Times from this cruise. We are doing the same one in May and would love to see what is going on during the sea days since we have 4! Also interested if they have the old menus or american table. Just got off the Liberty and didn't really care for the american menu.

Another beautiful day onboard. They were enforcing 40 min for chair saving. Any questions?

Glad they are enforcing the chair saving they were not enforcing it the prior week Jan 31-Feb 7. We saw some lounges and clamshells unoccupied for 2-3 hours and when we went to the towel station were told that they will not remove peoples towels. Go figure different rules week to week.

pat

murrells inlet, sc

I do agree had some of the best lido food ever on a Carnival ship.

When you return, would you please post the Fun Times from this cruise. We are doing the same one in May and would love to see what is going on during the sea days since we have 4! Also interested if they have the old menus or american table. Just got off the Liberty and didn't really care for the american menu.

We don't keep the Fun Times. Also, we have the old menus. Haven't heard when/if American Table is coming to Sunshine. We spend most of sea days out on deck reading, etc. But, there is trivia, shopping and port talks, etc. Today is the Veteran's get together.

Glad they are enforcing the chair saving they were not enforcing it the prior week Jan 31-Feb 7. We saw some lounges and clamshells unoccupied for 2-3 hours and when we went to the towel station were told that they will not remove peoples towels. Go figure different rules week to week.

pat

murrells inlet, sc

I do agree had some of the best lido food ever on a Carnival ship.

They've been putting stickers on unoccupied seats. One group just asked around and then took the towels off and threw them on the ground. No one every challenged them, but, personally, I would have taken the towels to the towel hut and let them know so the people could claim their towels. There were no personal items, just towels. They started doing the stickers because there were so many complaints. Of course, I love the people who come out at 11-12 and expect there to be a seat just waiting for them. We have been out by 8:30 or so the last two days. Today, we're not sitting outside since we're dressed to go ashore when we get to Aruba at 1. We have an excursion (island tour) at 1:30. So, off shortly to a quick lunch (deli prob) and then get ready to get off.

Edited by BND

I love how we're all so hungry for information!! LOL, hay I'm just enjoying how your getting back to everyone while your on your cruise! We'll be sailing on the sunshine in 65 more days, so hearing anything about the sunshine I'll take it! And if its Positive , even better!

Enjoy yourself and soak up that sun(no pun intended, lol) Its a helluva lot better than the Snow we have and keep on getter here in RI!

I love how we're all so hungry for information!! LOL, hay I'm just enjoying how your getting back to everyone while your on your cruise! We'll be sailing on the sunshine in 65 more days, so hearing anything about the sunshine I'll take it! And if its Positive , even better!

Enjoy yourself and soak up that sun(no pun intended, lol) Its a helluva lot better than the Snow we have and keep on getter here in RI!

I've had enough of the RI snow! Looking forward to getting on the sunshine this Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't keep the Fun Times. Also, we have the old menus. Haven't heard when/if American Table is coming to Sunshine. We spend most of sea days out on deck reading, etc. But, there is trivia, shopping and port talks, etc. Today is the Veteran's get together.

If you are Patriotic at all, you should go to the veterans show....... especially if Jamie is still the CD....... I cried.