Magic Muster Drill

I was reading that on the newer ships the muster drill is sometimes in a different spot than where it is normally on the older ships. Usually it's on deck 4 but I've read that on the bigger ships it can be anywhere from dining room to the lido to the theater. Just out of curiosity, where is the Magic muster drill? Thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is true that on dream class that muster is held in public spaces rather than outside on deck 4, as with all ships there are multiple muster stations and yours depends on you cabin. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/url

In December we were on deck 7 and our muster station was in the theatre. Nice and comfortable and cool, they also checked each of us in by scanning our S&S cards so they know pretty quick who was not there. Saved a lot of time as they called out for the missing people immediately and moved the muster along.

This is awesome!! We were on the Breeze and were in the theater and I thought it was just the luck of the draw for that ship. We are sailing the Magic in May and are on the same deck (Lido) that we were on for the Breeze, so I hope it's the same.

This is one time I don't mind the muster drill. Actually, I don't mind it at all because that means I getting ready to start a cruise!! A minor inconvenience for a great vacation :D.

I love the dream class for Muster drill. No sweat, air conditioning and soft seats for my touchy. And an added plus, you can take your drinks. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Heck, we did the Sunshine, a year ago and the muster was in the theater and now,in 16 days ( And CANNOT wait!!) we will do the Magic, out of Orlando, and HOPEFULLY, the muster will also be in one of the main theaters. I find that when people are relaxed and COOLER, instead of HOT and miserable, the muster goes a lot faster. You'd think the people in charge wouldn't care WHERE it's given as long you show up and learn. If, the ship's theater isn't big enough, spilt the muster have lower decks go to the theater, then the upper decks go to the enclosed section on the Ledo deck. Unless someone here can think of something better ?

Heck, we did the Sunshine, a year ago and the muster was in the theater and now,in 16 days ( And CANNOT wait!!) we will do the Magic, out of Orlando, and HOPEFULLY, the muster will also be in one of the main theaters. I find that when people are relaxed and COOLER, instead of HOT and miserable, the muster goes a lot faster. You'd think the people in charge wouldn't care WHERE it's given as long you show up and learn. If, the ship's theater isn't big enough, spilt the muster have lower decks go to the theater, then the upper decks go to the enclosed section on the Ledo deck. Unless someone here can think of something better ?

Jealous. We were on the Sunshine in Jan and our muster was outside by the lifeboats. It really didn't take long though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the replies ...

The reason I asked was because on the Sunshine (Jan and May 2016) folks with disabilities and one partner had muster sitting down in the comedy club while everyone else were out on the deck like normal. What was especially nice was that our group was dismissed 10 minutes before everyone else so the aft and midship elevators were free for the wheelchairs, walkers and canes. We were all out of the way before the rest were done.:)

You do realise that there is more than one muster location per ship? Being near the life boats is preferable as in a real emergency you are right there and ready to embark. Muster isn't meant to be relaxing or fun, its meant to be educational.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/url

• 1 year later...
Anyone happen to know where muster station A5 is on the Magic? I'm hoping it's inside. We are sailing in July.

Just wondering if you happened to remember where A5 was? We're on the Dream and just trying to get my bearings before we go. Thanks in advance!!