Booking New Cruises on Board

mcrcruiser

Does Holland America give any extra on board credits when booking a new cruise ,while on a HAL cruise?

TIA

The only thing is the doubling of the OBC.

You can get the same thing by buying a Future Cruise Deposit on board (no commitment to any particular cruise) and then booking when you get home. Book within 60 days and you double your OBC by using the ZPM promotion.

Other than the OBC (which you can get later) I haven't seen any promos for booking on board.

You can get the same thing by buying a Future Cruise Deposit on board (no commitment to any particular cruise) and then booking when you get home. Book within 60 days and you double your OBC by using the ZPM promotion.

Other than the OBC (which you can get later) I haven't seen any promos for booking on board.

Thanks for the information & that is quite interesting that we can do a open booking & when we get home ,we can book a cruise within 60 days & get a double OBC :D:D:D worth 3 smiles !

HAL has been offering this "double" (FCC + ZPM) OBC when booking onboard since the spring. We booked onboard 3/17 for 3/18 and got both OBCs and others have reported here on CC the same situation. Therefore I would suggest you check with the Future Cruise agent prior to just buying an "open" FCC. Apparently HAL decided it was worth offering both OBCs to increase the number of onboard bookings.

This is new info to me. On our HAL cruise last July we purchased a FCC. The guy mentioned that we were going get double obc because they were running a promotion. He never mentioned that we had only 60 days to get the double credit.

Now I'm wondering if we'll get double or not....:confused:

Unless you specify otherwise, if you book a cruise on board it will "belong" to the agency listed for the cruise you are on. If you want the cruise to stay with HAL or for future transfer to an outside agency, you MUST let the consultant on board know.

Unless you specify otherwise, if you book a cruise on board it will "belong" to the agency listed for the cruise you are on. If you want the cruise to stay with HAL or for future transfer to an outside agency, you MUST let the consultant on board know.

Are you saying you can't transfer the booking to another TA later if you change your mind?

I was counting on that.

Are you saying you can't transfer the booking to another TA later if you change your mind?

No, that is not what he is saying.

He is saying that if your TA has the booking for the cruise you are on when you book a future cruise, then that current TA gets the booking for the new cruise, too, UNLESS you let the Future Cruise Consultant know you don't want that.

Then, you can either assign the new cruise to a different TA, or leave it with HAL. If you leave it with HAL, then you can transfer it to a TA later on.

We recently booked two cruises onboard and got double onboard credit ( which isn't THAT much...) , plus the current promotion which was Explore 4 but could have booked an advantage fare without any goodies as well. The booking was transferred to our travel agency which was what we wanted because of extra OBC. The best feature though was the fact that by booking onboard we had refundable and smaller deposits (75 € each for a cruise of two weeks, 200 € for 28 days, we'd forfeit the deposit if NOT booking onboard here in Europe) and we would be allowed to cancel up to last payment date . We normally don't cancel any cruise but one of them is in 2019....